Calling internet memes “the street art of the social web”, artist, designer and writer An Xiao Mina looks at how internet culture reflects an urban street aesthetic online. Watch it over on CreativeMornings.
- Beautifully simple light installation.
- Love this horseshoe magnet.
- Meet the 2013 Cooper Hewitt National Design Award Winners.
- PackH2O Water Backpack wins the 2013 Cooper Hewitt People’s Design Award. Fantastic.
– f.lux makes the color of your computer’s display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
- Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Yum.
- Mushroom Hooks. Why not?
- Lightning Cloud Necklace. Definitely cute.
- Fountains of the World. (Thanks James)
- The most glorious TED Talk takedown you will witness before 2070.
- The Headphone Project: Kiran asks strangers what they are listening to. Love this.
- Hey New Yorkers, here’s your chance to see advertising legend George Lois speak.
- Beardrevered.com celebrates beards.
- Pattern lovers unite: Geometric Pattern Book
- Balloon Heads by Bela Borsodi. Made me smile.
- This could make me love pizza: Austrian Pizzeria Features a Spinning Disco Ball Wood-Fired Oven
- Humans of New York: A Vibrant Photographic Census of Diversity and Dignity
- The fine folks of charity: water are looking to hire a Front-End Engineer.