This gives new meaning to “skating on thin ice.” In Sweden, a filmmaker named Henrik Trygg likes to take his chances skating on pristine sheets of black ice, measuring only five centimeters/two inches thick. TERRIFYING!
– The Obama portraits for the Smithsonian make my heart pitter patter.
– This is terrifying: Chinese police are wearing sunglasses that can recognize faces
– Vintage Educational Video: What to do on a date
– These socks make me so happy. Have to post them again.
– Put some confidence inducing flair on you.
– I love how The Sill breaks down the plants by category: For Beginners, Pet Friendly, For Small Spaces… –> Click on “Shop Plants”.
– Poetic: A Double Ring That Breaks in Half for You and Your Love by Frederik Roijé
– Everyday Rainbow Wear (via Manu, via Mule Design)
– Does your sandwich have a bag? It should.
– If my kids were still little I would get this Cloud Nine Area Rug with the built-in pillow. Or should I just get it for myself?
– Here’s your chance to float on a big giant smile.
– There are some gems in here: 25 icebreaker questions
– Debbie Millman has once again proven that she is SUPER PRO at interviewing humans. This one with TED founder Richard Saul Wurman is intense.
– I like this Free as a Bird pennant.
– I enjoyed this interview with Jason Kottke, one of the longest standing bloggers I know.
– I have been able to work through some really rough patches in my life (work and personal) thanks to the help of my coach Heath. Can’t recommend him enough.
– This Orangutan by Oliver Jeffers makes me laugh.
– A big thank you to the fine folks at Frere-Jones Type for sponsoring my blog this week. They just introduced a new typeface called Conductor, inspired by a range of historical references. See more of Conductor (with live testing!) and read Helen Rosner’s detailed backstory.