“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”
– Helen Keller
A beautiful cutting board. But I was mostly fascinated by the oddly arranged carrots. So good.
Big thanks to Driftaway Coffee for sponsoring my blog and RSS feed continously.
Driftaway Coffee is a freshly roasted coffee subscription that is personalized to your taste. They roast right here in Brooklyn in our quirky neighborhood of Red Hook, and ship all over the US.
All subscriptions start with a tasting kit of four different coffees, you try them out, enter your favorites and based on which ones you like, you will get coffees matching your taste.
Driftaway was started to “fulfill our desire to create, do work we were passionate about, as well as our need for and interest in great coffee.” It’s something we believe will resonate with SwissMiss readers.
Join 1000’s of creatives, designers, developers and coffee lovers by signing up for a Driftaway Coffee subscription. Use coupon SWISSMISS to get 75% off your first delivery (usually $16.50) (expires Apr 20th).
We hope you love it!
I watched my coworker Emerline use Flowstate and it blew my mind. It is a writing tool designed to snowball a person’s primal focus into a serene state of creative flow. No overthinking what you wrote. No instant deleting, going back and editing. Just writing! How? You set a focus time, you start writing and when you pause, the app blurs out and makes everything you wrote disappear. The document only gets saved if you complete your timed-writing exercise. Terrifying and brilliant all at once. Try it: Flowstate.
An immersive, completely silent “desert” has been installed at the Guggenheim. Can’t wait to experience this!
If I asked you to name one remarkable female founder of a NYC based company, who would you name?
— Tina Roth Eisenberg (@swissmiss) March 27, 2017
Small Victories takes files in a Dropbox folder and turns them into a website. I just gave it a try with an photo folder that is sitting on my Dropbox but I am not doing anything with. It works like magic. Wheee!
These soft, layered photographs made me look. They are by Iranian born, NYC based photographer Nima Chaichi. What an eye!
Stumbled upon these lovely creator profiles over at This Is Ground. The animated portraits are the best.
Spring is in the air. Take off those hats and roll back those sleeves so you can tatt up: Spring Sale over at Tattly: Get 40% off until end of day Monday EST with discount code 40SPRING.
Have you ever wondered what the tree population and density of the United States looks like? This amazing map shows just that.
(Phases of the Moon, animated with Virtual Moon Atlas)
– This color fold poster is stunning.
– Put that Lacoste logo in a fish tank with this brooch.
– FUN: Galaxy Rocket Adventure Cape
– This Wristwatch baby rattle made me laugh.
– The Noun Project put together this “Icons for Change” collection of progressive posters.
– I really really want a stump stool.
– One of my favorite Instagram accounts: Aesthetics of Joy. I especially love the idea of the hashtag “joyspotting”. We should all have our radars out for moments of joy.
– If I lived in Austin I would team up with this Laura Victore.
– I want to live here.
– I love chickens. And I like this Chicken Run Print.
– Don’t miss the massive Spring Sale over at Tattly: Get 40% off until end of day Monday EST with discount code 40SPRING.
– My kids would approve of this pencil porcupine.
– Envelope Template. Love love love.
– This German Wall Calendar won my heart.
– Sometimes things that scare you aren’t actually all that scary.
– Season 3 of the CreativeMornings podcast is in full swing.
Big thanks to Squarespace for sponsoring my blog and RSS feed continously. Over the years, they have become a loyal and supportive partner in my labor of love.
After someone searches your name, what do you want them to see? If you’re like us, you want it to be something beautiful. Squarespace gives you the tools to create your own gorgeous portfolio website. Start with designer templates, an easy-to-use interface, and even your own domain. Then make the perfect first impression the next time someone looks you up. Try Squarespace free. When you decide to subscribe, use offer code SWISSMISS to get 10% off.