In 1983, after years of deteriorating vision, the writer and theologian John Hull lost the last traces of light sensation. For the next three years, he kept a diary on audiocassette of his interior world of blindness. This film is a dramatization that uses his original recordings.
– “You’re only as good as your last job. That’s what keeps you functioning. It keeps you current.” Great Free Radicals interview over on PSFK with Paula Scher.
– This completely modular, minimal shelving system makes my heart go pitter patter.
– A logo should tell a story.
– “Brooklyn is as different from New York as day is from night. It thinks differently, lives differently, acts differently.” A 1920s Tourist Guide To Brooklyn (via)
– Did you know you can get your kid’s drawings 3D printed? Supercool!
– Wear your font favorites
– @HistoryInPics is a genuine phenomenon built entirely on Twitter, by two teenagers.Read their story.
– Trying to get my Kale on. Hoping these 11 recipes will help. (via)
– The recent NYTimes.com redesign makes me all kinds of happy. This articles lets you see Under The Hood Of The New NYTimes.com.
– The Best Way to Quickly Bring Cold Cheese to Room Temperature. (via Joanna)
– My studiomate Frank Chimero started a 2014 rdio playlist.
– These images are a great reminder on what a feat it was to build these majestic NYC bridges.
– “When you update your investors, be honest, tell the whole truth, and give context. Your investors want you to succeed and they understand that virtually all mis-steps can be fixed.” Only Good News … Is Actually Bad News, by Craig Shapiro
– Recently dug out this gem from my library: Will Happiness Find Me?
– 30 years! 30! Congratulations Apple! I so vividly remember when my dad brought our first Apple home! He loved it so much, it made him drop his real estate career and start the first Apple Computer School in Switzerland. Seriously.
– Notabli is a simple way to save all of the photos, video, quotes, audio and notes you take of your kids, and privately share them with the people who matter most.
– Everyone knows how to “Google,” but not everyone Googles efficiently.
– Valentines is just around the corner. Tattly got you covered.
– Live in Berlin? You might enjoy Companion.
– Hey California! Duck Duck Moose is looking to hire a Creative Director.
And then this: