Experimental artist Petros Vrellis creates detailed portraits with a single thread
– Falling for sleep: When wakefulness is seen as the main event, no wonder so many have trouble sleeping. Can we rekindle the joy of slumber? (via)
– “I believe editing is an essential skill that is often overlooked and under appreciated. The future belongs to the best editors.” – Jason Fried (via)
– A field guide to black holes.
– Outch: Legroom on most major US airlines, compared in one GIF
– Blackbox is a new shipping company from the creators of Cards Against Humanity.
– Why does traffic jam for no reason at all?
– This made me laugh: Sleeping Baby Becomes The Master Of Cosplay During Her Bedtime
– I agree with Coudal, this Stubby Squid looks like a Pixar character brought to life.
– Inside the stunning new Oculus at the World Trade Center Transportation hub.
– This is great news: Pandora readies for on-demand streaming. I am a big fan of Pandora.
– Photo retouching has been around before Photoshop.
– I want to hit so many of these outdoor installations.
– Pattern is a simple, focused, drawing application for the iPad and iPad Pro. It focuses on simple design tools rather than fancy brushes and effects. (via)
– The new SOMA water bottle is pretty and are made from shatter-resistant borosilicate glass.
– My daughter loves Audiobooks, she will be psyched to know: As Far As Your Brain Is Concerned, Audiobooks Are Not ‘Cheating’
– Within the next four years, 40% of the U.S. workforce will be freelancers who are working for more than one company at any given time.
– The Best of BESTA: Design Inspiration for IKEA’s Most Versatile Unit
– These wool sneakers claim to be the ‘most comfortable in the world’
– Saype drew a 10,000 square meter man in the mountains of Leysin, Switzerland
– Wow, now THAT’S a double rainbow.
– The backstory of the massive lawsuit against Mother Jones.
– “Success is often a result of committing to the fundamentals over and over again.” How to Stick With Good Habits Every Day by Using the “Paper Clip Strategy” (via)
– On the Internet nobody knows you’re a dog.
– YES! Currently experiencing just this: Your vacation will feel longer if you don’t plan it to death
– Masdar City was planned as the world’s first carbon-neutral city, located in the desert of one of the world’s most oil-dependent nations, the United Arab Emirates. Located 11 miles south of Abu Dhabi, would be home to 50,000 residents and serve 40,000 commuters.
– Love the Stallion Tattly by Stina Persson.