In this CreativeMornings talk Steve Larosiliere speaks about chances he’s been given, and how he payed it forward with Stoked, a development organization for underserved youth.
– What does the liver do?
– 4 million songs on Spotify have never been played. Not even once. Forgotify wants to change that. (via)
– 5 Thanksgiving Leftover Hacks
– Country Bar (or Swiss Chalet) Camouflage Shirt.
– 7 Pieces of Wisdom That Will Change the Way You Work
– Wow! 1890 Victorian burlesque dancers
– The Kid Should See This just launched a gift guide full of “sciency, smart gift ideas for kids.
– Impressed by how Snapchat is evolving their product: Snapchat Murders Facebook.
– Tornado and Rainbow Over Kansas
– RadioISS plays streams of the radio stations that the International Space Station passes over on its continual orbit of Earth.
– “In a study conducted at Cornell University in 2009, researchers found that people who received the menu without the dollar signs, spent significantly more money than those who received a menu with the usual currency sign present.” Take Off That Dollar Sign from Your Prices
– Flio, an ultra-slim portable laptop stand
– Did you catch the step by step DIY instructions on how to decorate your Christmas ornaments with Tattly?
– Two new iPhone commercials.
– Despite a temperature of -61 degrees Fahrenheit, a group of travelers work together to push an airliner across a frozen tarmac in a remarkable video shot in the Siberian town of Igarka.
– Emojiary asks you how you’re feeling once a day. You answer visually—in emoji.
– Really intrigued by the Boom Boom Speaker/Recorder.
– Simmer makes it easy to create your own step-by-step cooking videos.
– A three-step marketing ladder
– This week, MailChimp published its first ebook, The UX Reader.
– Mother of 4 wakes up early to make creative breakfasts for her kids. Impressive!
– Did you know Tattly offers 3, 6 and 12 month subscriptions? Makes for a perfect gift!
– My friends at Flocabulary are looking to hire an UI/UX Designer. Such good people!
– There’s a desk available in my co-working space Studiomates in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Email me if you’re interested in renting it and join our little community of creative types. (–> desk at swiss-miss.com)