At the age of 17, José was sentenced to '15 years to life' for murder. He incurred additional charges inside, and was denied parole 9 times. After serving nearly 40 years in prison, he is about to be released. Directed and shot by Bas Berkhout.
– The tempescope is an ambient physical display that visualizes various weather conditions like rain, clouds, and lightning. By receiving weather forecasts from the internet, it can reproduce tomorrow’s sky in your living room.
– Good advice: “4. hire those excited about the future vs. those nostalgic about the past.”
– I bought this Liquid Leather Jacket by Clara Sun Woo yesterday and don’t want to take it off, ever again. Neat fact: The designer is my friend and neighbor. I own a dozen of her pieces and am totally ok that her line is slowly but surely taking over my closet.
– Noon Pacific releases a weekly mixtape of the best music – every Monday at noon, Pacific time.
– Tattly Does Good: 80% of this Electric Guitar Tattly design by Julia Rothman will go directly to VH1 Save the Music Foundation, the not-for-profit organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music education in America’s public schools.
– Woah! Otteroo is weirdly fascinating. It’s a floatie for babies eight weeks and older to use in the bath or pool. Since the inflatable circle attaches around your baby’s neck, their arms and legs are free to play.
– The You Museum is an online gallery and series of artworks by New Media Artist Jeremy Bailey. Using a few simple questions The You Museum curates personalized exhibitions that are delivered to you via banners on the websites you visit most. Using various retargeting technologies these exhibitions reach you organically across ninety-eight percent of the internet. (Thanks Abra)
– “When Instapaper creator Marco Arment was asked about his business model, he said, “I sell an app for money, then I spend less than I make.” Sell something for money, spend less than you make. Is there a better model?” Keep your overhead low
– I am moving my coworking space, CreativeMornings and Tattly into a beautiful old factory building in Boerum Hill in two weeks. Now I am hoping for a creative, cool company to take the downstairs storefront and become our neighbor!
– Come work with me! Tattly is hiring a full-time designer.
Thank you Squarespace for sponsoring my RSS Feed this week.
Your mind is filled with creative ideas. Whether you have a side project, full-on business plan, or need a web presence for your professional portfolio, you can make anything amazing with Squarespace.
Squarespace is the all-in-one website building platform that was created to meet high design and functionality standards. With Squarespace’s simple eCommerce solutions and marketing tools, you can launch your ideas into success, all while being backed by award-winning 24/7 Customer Support. Get 10% off with the code SWISSMISS.
– In a fascinating article, Hopes&Fears takes a look at how speakers of American Sign Language sign various Internet and pop culture slang terms including “selfie,” “five-second rule,” and “photobomb.”
– This dress broke the internet last night. I looked at it at different times, at different places, in different light situations and saw both the white gold and the blue black version. That was way too trippy for me and I went straight to bed.