A kid’s guide to how internet ads work. Much needed.
A big thank you to Icebergs for sponsoring this week’s RSS Feed.
Collaborate with your team like never before.
Icebergs is a private space in the cloud where you can save your inspiration from the web (Images, text, videos and screenshots), upload your files and write notes in one single place. Made with ♥ for creative professionals and teams to make their workflow easier.
Try Icebergs today for free at icebergs.com.
We just mounted an 8 foot long DartStrip in our office and we are all loving it. It’s a super simple magnetic display system. Beautifully packaged. Easy to mount. A total winner.
Flint & Tinder is trying to change the way stuff gets made and bought, especially here in the USA. They’ve come up with a system called Denim on Demand. Basically it’s super high quality selvedge jeans made to order for just $98. But here’s the kicker: When people are done with them, they’re going to find the jeans a new home and credit them back for their purchase. Woah!
Tickle is an app (concept?) to help you escape awkward situations. Using your phone’s accelerometer, Tickle can sense awkward gestures, and in turn, generate a phantom phone call to allow you to gracefully excuse yourself from whatever awkward situation you’re in. This made me laugh and double check if it’s not April 1st.
UPDATE: It’s a joke. Bummer.
“A leader’s real “authority” is a power you voluntarily give him, and you grant him this authority not with resentment or resignation but happily.”
Love this felt-on-felt typographic illustration by Debbie Millman of David Foster Wallace’s timeless wisdom. The artwork is available as a print, with 100% of proceeds benefiting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
After discovering Happy In NYC a few days ago I kept telling my studiomate Kevin he should dance through Studiomates, our co-working space. Today is Kevin’s birthday and Bas (of Like Knows Like) made it happen. You should see the smile on my face. I was holding the stereo as we walked through our spaces, and I am making a quick cameo at the end.
Happy birthday Kevin! You’re the best!
A poster celebrating Beef. My apologies to you vegetarians out there. But, this made me chuckle.
Better World Books collect and sell books online to donate books and fund literacy initiatives worldwide. Every time you buy a book someone else in need gets one.
In addition to selling new titles, Better World Books supports book drives and collects used books and textbooks through a network of over 2,300 college campuses and partnerships with over 3,000 libraries nationwide. So far, the company has converted more than 117 million books into over $15 million in funding for literacy and education. In the process, they’ve also diverted more than 73,000 tons of books from landfills.
I know where I am donating my books to from now on. They even pay for shipping! Awesome!
A big thank you to Oak for sponsoring this week’s RSS Feed.
Symbolset is a library of icon fonts, perfect for websites, user interfaces, Photoshop comps, and more.
Made with ♥ for computers and people.
I want to be friends with the inventor of this Horse Head Squirrel Feeder. Made me laugh.
HUM seems to try to apply a more email inbox looking interface on what has until now been now as a typical chat interfaces. Interesting.
- An iphone app that can help you get pregnant or avoid pregnancy: Kindara.
- This Craft Tape Dispenser by Lakeshore makes my kids so happy.
- 550 (!) Free Audio Books. No catch!
- This egg holder made me laugh.
- Mexican Wrestling Bottler Opener. Made me smile.
- “While You Were Steeping” with Geoff McFetridge
- Always going back to this advice by Georg Lois: Be courageous!
- This Plant Watering Cloud is all kinds of adorable.
- Love this simple pitcher.
- Wow, this is something else: Dad makes butterfly pancakes for his kids.
- A recent study suggests that “coffee … provides similar hydrating qualities to water.”
- I started using Contactually this week. It helps me organize and nurture my contacts. How? Contactually reminds you automatically when you’ve fallen out of touch. Brilliant!
- I am an astronaut at heart. I should buy this brooch.
- Watch University of Toronto’s Professor Stephen Morris knock over a 1-meter tall domino that weighs over 100 pounds by starting with a 5mm high by 1mm thick domino. Yup!
- I usually don’t post about beauty products, but this Superbly Smoothing Argan Hair Pak by Kiehl’s is rocking my world.
- Sometimes you just gotta let go.