I totally want one of these disco ball helmets.
You can now Google search right from your Apple iPhone’s keyboard, thanks to Gboard.
This KAYTRANADA music video made me smile. How can you resist a dancing robot?
I am not even an outdoorsy person but I totally want one of these Base Lanterns from BioLite. It’s the first flat packed smart lantern that doubles as your own miniature smart grid. These BioLite folks, always pushing new ideas…
Known for her fine art underwater photography, Mallory Morrison captures poetic images of dancers in water.
“It is not simply the brightest who have the best ideas; it is those who are best at harvesting ideas from others. It is not only the most determined who drive change; it is those who most fully engage with like-minded people. And it is not wealth or prestige that best motivates people; it is respect and help from peers.”
“Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.”
– Edward Gibbon
Adam Harridan challenged the notion of showing up at an office building Monday to Friday working 14 hours a day for someone else. One day, while walking the streets of New York City, he saw something that both intrigued and inspired him. This is his story.
I keep coming back to Daily Overview. Probably a metaphor to me needing to zoom out a lot these days to remind myself of the bigger picture, in life.
“Histography” is an impressive interactive timeline that spans across 14 billion years of history, from the Big Bang to 2015. The site draws historical events from Wikipedia and self-updates daily with new recorded events. The viewer can choose to watch a variety of events which have happened in a particular period or to target a specific event in time. For example you can look at the past century within the categories of war and inventions.
Watch German baritone Michael Volle sing the Wagner aria “Song to the Evening Star” from Tannhäuser while undergoing a MRI scan.
Big thanks to Squarespace for continously sponsoring my blog and RSS feed.
Needs vary. That’s why Squarespace recently launched three website products, each catered to the needs of different creative people. Cover Pages are single-page websites that are perfect for when your idea is just starting out. Have products to sell? Squarespace Commerce is robust enough to be both online storefront and business manager. For something in between, Squarespace Websites provide beautiful, versatile templates that help you create the online home you’ve always wanted. Learn which product is right for you. Start today with a free trial and use offer code SWISSMISS for 10% off.
Woman deletes all of her email accounts. Instantly feels great. The end.
— Tina Roth Eisenberg (@swissmiss) May 6, 2016
“…Because I know that somewhere, out there, there is a mom who feels guilty every time she goes to “work” (whether it’s a job, a business, a personal creative project, or any vocation that feels meaningful to her). Somewhere, I know there’s a mom who feels guilty about writing her novel, running her blog, or pursuing her dream job, because she feels like throwing herself into that type of endeavor might “steal” time away from her kids and her family. Because it might make her a “bad mom.”…”
A letter to my mom, by Alexandra Franzen.
Check out Lucy Engelmann’s portfolio.
– Recommended reading: America Has Never Been So Ripe for Tyranny, by Andrew Sullivan
– Cheese Lovers, listen up, according to this study eating cheese is good for your heart.
– Love this: Doodl Club is a coloring book club for creative kids. Members receive an artist-made, zine-format, 24 page coloring book monthly.
– The person behind this Tumblr is turning temptation of eating something into a blog action item: I didn’t eat this. Smart!
– Loving these minimal notebooks and postcards.
– Need some design inspiration? Top 75 Design Blogs and their Best Articles
– Cindy Gallop’s CreativeMorning talk is now available as a podcast. It went live this morning.
– For more than a century, all New York City leases expired and started on the same day of the year, May 1.
– “.. working mothers are viewed as more distracted and less productive, while working fathers are viewed as more stable because they have kids to support.” This Is Exactly How Hard It Is For Mom Entrepreneurs
– Peas are totally underrated. Here are three recipes that make my mouth water.
– This is a soccer match I would actually watch
– Need a space in NYC or SF for a meeting, photo shoot, pop-up or a party? Check out Splacer.
– My heart is open 7 Days a week. Yours?
– I don’t know about you but I feel GREAT!
Nic A. Miller just launched these stunning European Starlings. They are woodcut printed onto mulberry paper and individually hand-dusted with green iridescent pigment, then adhered onto 3/4″ thick plywood. The exact image is then scroll sawed out and sanded. Absolutely stunning. We have one of her large bears in our office, and everyone comments on it. What a talent!
You can buy a set of 7 starlings for $385. (It’s a limited edition of 100!)
I’d like to meet 91 year old Flossie Lewis. Just because her body is starting to go doesn’t mean her personality or character should. Taking walks, watching politics and writing a little bit of light verse help keep Lewis as optimistic now as she was at 15. Lewis gives her brief but spectacular take on growing old with grace.