Hashtag garden is a sculpture garden that you can hang on your wall. Think air plants, wood and moss. I have one floating over my computer at work and it makes me smile every time I look at it. Each “Hashtag” garden is an original artwork and hand-made in Los Angeles. Also available are @ symbol, LA, NY and PLAY.
I am ridiculously excited to be today’s guest on Chase Jarvis LIVE. You’ll be able to watch the Live Stream today, Wednesday, June 18th, noon SF time (3:00pm NYC time or 20:00 London) here: www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free — anyone can watch and Chase and his team will be taking your questions via Facebook and Twitter, hashtag #cjLIVE
UPDATE: You can watch the interview here.
Not familiar with Chase’s Live series? Check out some of the previous interviews, i.e with Brené Brown or the really insightful conversation with Tim Ferris. Chase is a famous photographer, entrepreneur extraordinnaire and founder/CEO of CreativeLive.
“…Tribes thrive when they connect and coordinate and synchronize. They work when they create a cultural connection. But they can’t thrive when they merely embrace (or deny) the reality of the world around them.
As you organize and lead your tribe, then, the opportunity is to be crystal clear about what you stand for, but to give the alert observers within your clan the ability to stick with you and what they believe without having to pretend that the world outside doesn’t actually exist.”
The panda and the bicycle, by Seth Godin
This leather envelope clutch by Kate Spade Saturday has my name written all over it. Right?
Do you ever wonder if you should update your browser? outdatedbrowser.com will tell you.
Matt Adams and Katie Sokoler covered a Brooklyn pay phone with quarters and placed a sign above it that read, “Call Someone You Love” to see what would happen. So good!
A big thank you to Elmastudio for sponsoring this week of my RSS Feed.
Elmastudio is a small, creative WordPress theme shop run by Ellen and Manuel, two passionate designers, typography lovers and WordPress fans from Germany.
Ellen and Manuel have been creating WordPress themes since 2010 and are taking a very refreshing approach towards more minimal, easy to use WordPress themes that just work.
So if you are looking for a fresh, minimal WordPress theme, don’t miss out on their beautiful WordPress theme collection.
The best part about my job at Tattly is that I get to meet and collaborate with talented folks like Rifle Paper Co. We *just* launched their Floral Set with 4 beautiful flowery designs by Anna Bond. We had a feeling the set would be welcomed with open arms, but we never expected *such* a welcome. They’re flying off the shelves!
If you happen to order a set, consider sending an encouraging tweet to Karen. She is working hard to get all the orders out the door!
“If you try to delight the undelightable, you’ve made yourself miserable for no reason.”
- Seth Godin
Read the full post: It’s not about you
Here’s a beautiful and very private glimpse into the life of Brooklyn based designer and educator James Victore.
- Next time you look up into a starry sky, read this: The Fermi Paradox: Where the hell are the other earths?
- Excited to read Weingart: The Man and the Machine. Weingart taught for over 30 years at Basel School of Design and now this book documents his students reflecting on his teaching.
- OTO, the famous ice cream truck, now comes in cat size. Yup.
- “A mature understanding of the madness of crushes turns out to be the best and perhaps the only solution to the tensions of long-term love.” On the madness and charm of crushes
- Ever think you’re getting old? I just learned that the moon has orbited the earth 540 times since I was born. Ok!
- Why would you want to sacrifice a couple of square feet to a dish drying rack, when this compact roll-up alternative turns an open sink into a place for anything to drip dry?
- I am not into sports, but this made me look: A scale replica of your favorite team’s stadium, made entirely of LEGOs.
- Now that’s a stylish mug: MUGr
- BULBING is an optical illusion LED lamp.
- So tempted to get this Adult Cookie Monster costume and answer Skype video calls wearing it.
- A tent hotel on Rockaway beach? Yes, please!
- A Type House Divided, the story of Jonathan Hoefler and Tobias Frere-Jones
- Tattly launched a tattoo by Stefan Sagmeister: Self-confidence produces fine results.
- ÄKTA in Chicago is looking for a Sr. User Interface (UI) Designer.
Last month CreativeMornings celebrated the theme of “Freedom”. To get in the mindset of the theme, team CreativeMornings worked with global partner Shutterstock and created a few short videos depicting quotes from past CreativeMornings talks using assets from Shutterstock’s robust collection of over 1.5 million clips.
The “Freedom” theme was chosen by the Budapest chapter, and the theme illustration was by Kesley Dake. Now that CreativeMornings has grown to 82 cities around the world, it’s really fantastic to see how all the different chapters interpret a theme. You can view all of the uploaded talks and quotes on the theme page.