This leather envelope clutch by Kate Spade Saturday has my name written all over it. Right?
Connecting: Makers is the second film in the Connecting Series. See the first film, Connecting, at connectingthefilm.com.
- Just like Joanna, this Seinfeld clip about bedtime routines made me laugh out loud. Start listening at 4:07.
- Cat Sushi. (no worries, not to eat) Made me laugh.
- This made me laugh: Kids react to old computers.
- Oh my, does Ringly mean I’d have to also charge my jewelry?
- UseSparingly explores the role of common language through satirical redefinition. i.e Two cents: A value affixed to an opinion that is simultaneously unwelcome and annoyingly helpful
- Sat next to an incredibly adorable 2 year in the subway this week and offered her some Tattly. Turns out the dad is Seb Gorey, a ridiculously talented graffiti artist and fashion designer. I love NYC. So much.
- Keep coming back to this TED Talk by Sarah Kay: If I should have a daughter …
- Rifle Paper Wallpaper. #headexplode
- Tattly launched a with Rifle Paper Co Set this week.
- The fine folks of Area 17 in SF are looking to hire an Interactive Designer.
- “Like all tools, the baloney detection kit can be misused, applied out of context, or even employed as a rote alternative to thinking. But applied judiciously, it can make all the difference in the world — not least in evaluating our own arguments before we present them to others.” The Baloney Detection Kit by Carl Sagan
Do you ever wonder if you should update your browser? outdatedbrowser.com will tell you.
Matt Adams and Katie Sokoler covered a Brooklyn pay phone with quarters and placed a sign above it that read, “Call Someone You Love” to see what would happen. So good!
A big thank you to Elmastudio for sponsoring this week of my RSS Feed.
Elmastudio is a small, creative WordPress theme shop run by Ellen and Manuel, two passionate designers, typography lovers and WordPress fans from Germany.
Ellen and Manuel have been creating WordPress themes since 2010 and are taking a very refreshing approach towards more minimal, easy to use WordPress themes that just work.
So if you are looking for a fresh, minimal WordPress theme, don’t miss out on their beautiful WordPress theme collection.
The best part about my job at Tattly is that I get to meet and collaborate with talented folks like Rifle Paper Co. We *just* launched their Floral Set with 4 beautiful flowery designs by Anna Bond. We had a feeling the set would be welcomed with open arms, but we never expected *such* a welcome. They’re flying off the shelves!
If you happen to order a set, consider sending an encouraging tweet to Karen. She is working hard to get all the orders out the door!
“If you try to delight the undelightable, you’ve made yourself miserable for no reason.”
- Seth Godin
Read the full post: It’s not about you
Here’s a beautiful and very private glimpse into the life of Brooklyn based designer and educator James Victore.
- Next time you look up into a starry sky, read this: The Fermi Paradox: Where the hell are the other earths?
- Excited to read Weingart: The Man and the Machine. Weingart taught for over 30 years at Basel School of Design and now this book documents his students reflecting on his teaching.
- OTO, the famous ice cream truck, now comes in cat size. Yup.
- “A mature understanding of the madness of crushes turns out to be the best and perhaps the only solution to the tensions of long-term love.” On the madness and charm of crushes
- Ever think you’re getting old? I just learned that the moon has orbited the earth 540 times since I was born. Ok!
- Why would you want to sacrifice a couple of square feet to a dish drying rack, when this compact roll-up alternative turns an open sink into a place for anything to drip dry?
- I am not into sports, but this made me look: A scale replica of your favorite team’s stadium, made entirely of LEGOs.
- Now that’s a stylish mug: MUGr
- BULBING is an optical illusion LED lamp.
- So tempted to get this Adult Cookie Monster costume and answer Skype video calls wearing it.
- A tent hotel on Rockaway beach? Yes, please!
- A Type House Divided, the story of Jonathan Hoefler and Tobias Frere-Jones
- Tattly launched a tattoo by Stefan Sagmeister: Self-confidence produces fine results.
- ÄKTA in Chicago is looking for a Sr. User Interface (UI) Designer.
Last month CreativeMornings celebrated the theme of “Freedom”. To get in the mindset of the theme, team CreativeMornings worked with global partner Shutterstock and created a few short videos depicting quotes from past CreativeMornings talks using assets from Shutterstock’s robust collection of over 1.5 million clips.
The “Freedom” theme was chosen by the Budapest chapter, and the theme illustration was by Kesley Dake. Now that CreativeMornings has grown to 82 cities around the world, it’s really fantastic to see how all the different chapters interpret a theme. You can view all of the uploaded talks and quotes on the theme page.
Given that I believe in the importance of side-projects and in recognizing your own superpower, this illustration of Side-Project Man by Andy J. Miller made me chuckle.
Fascinating tutorial on how to ‘roll’ your t-shirts in a way that they won’t crease and save space in your suitcase! Taken from this Lifehacker post on The Best Military Tricks to Make Your Daily Life Easier.
“… It’s much easier to spend a lot of time making your microphone louder than it is working on making your message more compelling…
The path of chiming in is safe and easy and carries little apparent risk and less reward (for you and for your readers). Choosing to dig deep and say more, though, is where both risk and reward live.”
- Seth Godin
From this post: More people saying less (and a few more people saying more)