A custom stamp of your face. Why not? Definitely makes for a fun gift.
A poster celebrating Beef. My apologies to you vegetarians out there. But, this made me chuckle.
Better World Books collect and sell books online to donate books and fund literacy initiatives worldwide. Every time you buy a book someone else in need gets one.
In addition to selling new titles, Better World Books supports book drives and collects used books and textbooks through a network of over 2,300 college campuses and partnerships with over 3,000 libraries nationwide. So far, the company has converted more than 117 million books into over $15 million in funding for literacy and education. In the process, they’ve also diverted more than 73,000 tons of books from landfills.
I know where I am donating my books to from now on. They even pay for shipping! Awesome!
A big thank you to Oak for sponsoring this week’s RSS Feed.
Symbolset is a library of icon fonts, perfect for websites, user interfaces, Photoshop comps, and more.
Made with ♥ for computers and people.
I want to be friends with the inventor of this Horse Head Squirrel Feeder. Made me laugh.
HUM seems to try to apply a more email inbox looking interface on what has until now been now as a typical chat interfaces. Interesting.
- An iphone app that can help you get pregnant or avoid pregnancy: Kindara.
- This Craft Tape Dispenser by Lakeshore makes my kids so happy.
- 550 (!) Free Audio Books. No catch!
- This egg holder made me laugh.
- Mexican Wrestling Bottler Opener. Made me smile.
- “While You Were Steeping” with Geoff McFetridge
- Always going back to this advice by Georg Lois: Be courageous!
- This Plant Watering Cloud is all kinds of adorable.
- Love this simple pitcher.
- Wow, this is something else: Dad makes butterfly pancakes for his kids.
- A recent study suggests that “coffee … provides similar hydrating qualities to water.”
- I started using Contactually this week. It helps me organize and nurture my contacts. How? Contactually reminds you automatically when you’ve fallen out of touch. Brilliant!
- I am an astronaut at heart. I should buy this brooch.
- Watch University of Toronto’s Professor Stephen Morris knock over a 1-meter tall domino that weighs over 100 pounds by starting with a 5mm high by 1mm thick domino. Yup!
- I usually don’t post about beauty products, but this Superbly Smoothing Argan Hair Pak by Kiehl’s is rocking my world.
- Sometimes you just gotta let go.
Umbra’s U Turn 3 Hook made me look. It’s a wall mounted metal hook with wood tips that swivel forward when in use.
I’d love to decorate an entire wall with my favorite books using this Conceal Vertical Book Display. Smart!
Being a dog just got a whole lot more interesting thanks to Architecture for Dogs. Made me smile.
“Pay attention to when the cart is getting before the horse. Notice when a painful initiation leads to irrational devotion, or when unsatisfying jobs start to seem worthwhile. Remind yourself pledges and promises have power, as do uniforms and parades. Remember in the absence of extrinsic rewards you will seek out or create intrinsic ones. Take into account [that] the higher the price you pay for your decisions the more you value them. See that ambivalence becomes certainty with time. Realize that lukewarm feelings become stronger once you commit to a group, club, or product. Be wary of the roles you play and the acts you put on, because you tend to fulfill the labels you accept. Above all, remember the more harm you cause, the more hate you feel. The more kindness you express, the more you come to love those you help.”
The Benjamin Franklin Effect: The Surprising Psychology of How to Handle Haters
The Lumio Book Lamp is the most magical product I have come across in a long time. When I opened it in my studio yesterday everyone went wwwoooooaaaah! It is truly stunning.
When shut, Lumio masquerades as an elegant wood hardcover book. When opened, it magically transforms into a sculptural light illuminated by a high-performing LED.
Sending a virtual hug to the inventor Max Gunawan. And just like that, Lumio has become my favorite object.
Really honored to be a mentor in this year’s Shopify Build A Business Competition. As a previous winner, it’s really wonderful to be able to connect with and help new entrepreneurs. Did you start a e-commerce business this year? Built on Shopify? Make sure to enter the competition.
And thanks to Huffington Post for this feature.