In this blog post, Greg Hoy lists qualities you are most likely to find in people who achieve the most success. Listed in no particular order:
– They are humble. Their success doesn’t consume them.
– They are on time. On time for work, on time for meetings, on time for the train. They hate wasting their own time, and as a byproduct, anyone else’s.
– They always appreciate what they have. And as a result, they usually get more.
– They are universally respectful—to their friends, their boss, or to the person that makes their sandwich for lunch.
– They don’t let work consume them.
– They make sacrifices for the benefit of others.
– They are patient.
– They put in the extra effort when it’s needed, without any strings attached.
-They resolve issues or conflicts directly.
– They respectfully push back. It’s easy to push back. To do so with respect takes skill.
– They trust their colleagues.
Read Greg’s full post: Good work isn’t enough.