(Thanks for the reminder Sally)
– Isaac Moll (12) recorded a brief message on what he might tell someone else who was just diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
– 27 apps designers can’t live without, according to Fast Co Design.
– Y Table. Made me look.
– Parents! Here are some great tips on what to teach kids when setting them up with their first email account.
– File this under first world punctuation problems: How Do You Punctuate Around Emoticons and Emoji?
– The U.S. cities where creative jobs are thriving.
– Elder: A Mormon Love Story
– Veerle has some excellent graphic and web design tutorials on her site.
– Get your product in front of millions of curious folks: There are a few slots available on The Deck Network in July and August. (See that small add on the left on this page? That’s The Deck!)
– UP allows you to upload images to Instagram from your computer. YES!
– Josh Wagner’s advice to his 18-year-old self.
– Love this: App connects users with charities based on the news they read.
– Lego is investing over $150M to replace oil-based plastics with sustainable bricks. (via)
– How a toy figure mold of a dinosaur is made. My son will love this.
– A vertical turntable to show off your records.
– Apply by July 8th to 30 Weeks Program: an incubator for designers created by Hyperisland and Google.
– Pro tip: Disable any system fonts you don’t use so your font dropdowns aren’t a mile long.
– I am STOKED! I will be on my way to Switzerland later today! 2 Weeks of enjoying the Swiss Alps!
– Barrel in New York is looking to hire a Visual Designer.