– If young people voted at a higher rate, our government would look a lot different.
– Is there something you do every day that builds an asset for you?
– Wow. A fingerprint sensor lock.
– This throw is a beauty.
– “The Japanese have a word for the act of acquiring books and letting them pile up unread. Tsundoku—a play on the words tsunde (“to stack things”), oku (“to leave for a while”) and doku (“to read”)—is recognizable to book hoarders worldwide.”
– “You might not be a big fan of politics, but you can still participate. All you need to do is vote for people you believe will work on these issues, and if they don’t work the way they should, then it is your responsibility to call them, organize a town hall and demand that they show up — hold them accountable. It’s their job to make our world better.” A Young Activist’s Advice: Vote, Shave Your Head and Cry Whenever You Need To
– Meet the 2018 MacArthur Fellows, 25 exceptionally creative people who inspire us all.
– This daybed!
– Oh, these Zucchini Pork Dumplings look delicious!
– Super grateful for this generous feature in Inc Magazine on 100 Female Founders.
– Bring your Human to work seems like a book after my own heart. Ordered.
– Camp Grounded looks like something I’d enjoy.
– Gah! This carpet!
– I like this long leather keychain.
– This made me chuckle: Photos of dogs with human-like expression
– Dear Jeff Bezos, what are you going to do with all that money?
– I love this design detail: Stairs with hidden storage and a powder room.
– Big thanks to the wonderful folks at Ode to Things for sponsoring my blog this week. Their online store is full of beautiful products. A visual feast.
Cool jobs to apply for:
– Nicework in Johannesburg is looking to hire a Head of Digital, a Senior Graphic Designer and a Designer.
– Scoppechio in Louisville is looking to hire an Animator/Designer, Copywriter, Art Director, Video Producer and UX/UI Lead.
– The fine folks at Lucid are looking to hire a Project Manager and a Frontend Developer/Designer here in NYC.
There are over 1,200 jobs listed on the new CreativeMornings job board.Search full time, part time, contract, remote, freelance, internships.