A big thank you to Parsons at Open Campus for sponsoring my blog this week.
With fall Fashion Weeks fast approaching, now is the time to gain inspiration to take the next step in your design journey. The Fashion Design Certificate offered by Parsons at Open Campus will enable you to understand historical influences in today’s fashion, learn sketching techniques, and gain a deeper appreciation for textiles and materials. In this series of six or eight courses, offered in NYC, you will:
– Learn basic draping, flat patternmaking, and sewing techniques, along with principles of design.
– Become adept at identifying various fabric types, yardage specifications, notions, trimmings, and sewing supplies.
– Understand fashion design and manufacture in a global societal context.
– Gain exposure to a variety of methods and practices needed in the art of sewing, construction, and garment design.
– Learn how to successfully draw a balanced, well-proportioned fashion figure.