I love Alicia Keys and NPR’s Tiny Desk Concerts.
– HEY by Basecamp is aiming to change how we think about email. I got an account and I can attest it’s an impressive and innovative take. Here’s a recording of a 90 min Q&A with the founders.
– This is brilliant: The world’s most simple ‘sorting by size’ system
– What a loss for the design world: Milton Glaser, Master Designer of ‘I ♥ NY’ Logo, Is Dead at 91
– This is fascinating: How giant ships are built. (via Chris)
– Acclaimed Japanese Jazz Pianist Yōsuke Yamashita Plays a Burning Piano on the Beach
– I asked on Twitter what movies I should introduce my 14 year old to. 220 kind humans commented. What a thread!
– White Debt. Reckoning with what is owed — and what can never be repaid – for racial privilege.
– What is owed. If true justice and equality are ever to be achieved in the United States, the country must finally take seriously what it owes black Americans.
By Nikole Hannah-Jones
– As I could love Maria more. Check out these face masks featuring wondrous centuries-old astronomical art and natural history illustrations.
– Wholesome content: This is how a kidney bean grows over a 25 day period
– I heard so many good things about Keyboard CEO. Now available as an online course.
– Dwarf Lemur sees strawberry for the first time!
– A video web series by Austin Channing Brown, Chi Chi Okwu, and Jenny Booth Potter featuring conversation on the real topics of race and justice.
– Yes, I would love to own one of these Extra Large Dutch Bread Boards
– This soothed my soul: A blue-and-white flycatcher bathes in a Japanese bird bath
– This Tweet made me think and then nod in agreement.
– Dropbox officially launches its own password manager and a secure vault for your files
– Whoa! This is stunning.
– Are you a Creative Warrior? If so maybe this course by the wonderful James Victore is for you: James will help you feel confident and inspired, help you believe that you deserve to be seen, heard, and to help you make your mark in the world, with love.
– “Core values are the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of a company’s actions; they serve as its cultural cornerstones. … Aspirational values are those that a company needs to succeed in the future but currently lacks.” Make Your Values Mean Something, by Patrick M. Lencioni
– A course: in Race and Cultural Diversity in American Life and History
– Intresting read: Doomscrolling Is Slowly Eroding Your Mental Health
– I love me a skateboarding rainbow.
– Did you know you can attend CreativeMornings around the world now, virtually. As well learn something new at a community led, virtual Fieldtrip.
Jun 29th, 2020 / 11:44 am
Since lemurs are wild animals, they are not safe to keep as pets. They could be very difficult to handle and may become dangerous in the long run, with their capacity to bite humans. In Madagascar, pet lemurs are usually snatched from the wild as young, a process that often involves the killing of the mother
Jun 29th, 2020 / 2:34 pm
Just wanted to say that I love your Line Pack posts so much and look forward to them every week! :)
Jun 30th, 2020 / 3:58 pm