I am deeply moved by the work of The Compassion Prison Project.
– ‘Hey Siri, I’m getting pulled over‘- Shortcut app allows iPhone users to quickly record police
– Matt Trombley: The beauty and complexity of finding common ground
– In an effort to cut down on plastic I purchased a shampoo bar and conditioner from Ethique. After a little getting used to, I can say: I love it.
– New Virtual Tool Lets You Rickroll Your Next Zoom Meeting. InviteRick.com may only be around for a short while (it likely violates Zoom’s terms of service), so spread that ’80s corniness while you still can.
– The science behind spinning 200 hula hoops at once
– Milan’s San Siro stadium is imagined as a tree-filled monument to the victims of COVID-19. Gasp.
– The Black Artist Fund is an initiative giving money directly to Black artists to combat systemic inequity in art. (via)
– This Oak Desk Trolley is LOVELY!
– 100 Black Owned Businesses to Support
– An Obsession with Retro Japanese Rounded-Corner Windows
– The Bento Society by Yancey Strickler.
– I would love to own these skillets.
– In the Covid-19 Economy, You Can Have a Kid or a Job. You Can’t Have Both.
– Love this little house storage box. (I would also rest books on the roof.)
– Uncomfortable Conversations With A Black Man: A conversation with Emmanuel Acho about race that many white people have never been able to have.
– Yes please!
– Mama raised a revolution tote.
– Oh my. Personal Protective Pods are Here. Originally designed for rain, Under the Weather’s products have been adapted for COVID-19. The photo of the teacher wearing one is killing me.
– I am in the market for a bike helmet. Currently looking at Closca. Anyone have a strong opinion on this subject matter? If so, please leave a comment below?
– The Basecamp Handbook is incredibly impressive.
– Currently reading: Rise Sister Rise
– The Art of Noticing. Rob Walker invites us to look at the world around us with fresh eyes in his book of exercises, challenges, and observations.
– This! Be the reason some believes in the goodness of people.
– One of my goals of 2020 is to become a more intentional, better listener. A few days ago I stumbled upon this helpful video by Kristen Lisanti. I am now trying to listen with whole body. That resonates. I am a big believer of a full body yes!
– Raising kids to be good collaborators with 4 simple lessons
– Listen to the trees.
– “In quarantine I’ve been aware of the intellectual stagnation that comes when you stop physically seeking out and experiencing new things. There’s a loss that comes from not meeting strangers, not doing things just for the hell of doing them, not having everyday avenues of discovery and surprise.” Jia Tolentino
– Tattly is shipping wholesale and custom orders again. If you have a store and want to carry Tattly, please reach out and if you want to create custom tattoos, we are here for you! And, as always, you can place an order online and we will ship a little bit of fun and joy to whoever you think needs it.
– Looking for a new job? Looking to hire? The CreativeMornings Job Board is here to help.