A big thank you to Peculiar Prompts for sponsoring my blog and RSS feed this week.
Looking for a way to stay busy while stuck alone at home? You’re in luck! Peculiar Prompts: Social Distancing Edition is a free collection of 624 creative prompts designed to break the rhythm of an otherwise mundane existence. All of these prompts are designed to be done from the safety of your home, and with materials that can easily be found in your immediate vicinity. Some of the prompts are weird, others are really weird. Here’s a quick taste of what’s inside:
1. Invent a yoga pose. Name it.
2. Take note of how many circular things there are in your home.
3. Stare at your palm. Sketch the 5 most distinct lines you see in your palm. Use these lines as the basis of a rough sketch of your next home.
4. Make a didgeridoo. Play it.
5. Wear socks on your hands for one hour.
These prompts are available for immediate download on a pay-what-you-want basis (that means you can get them for free!), but if you donate $5 or more, the authors will email you a crappy drawing of something special to you. Just donate $5 at checkout and they’ll reach out within 24 hours to get started on your special request.