– Ben Vida is an artist and composer who sat six people in front of a camera and told them to smile. He recorded them and studied the video to plot music to each person’s micro-expressions. Love the idea. But some of these sounds don’t sound ‘happy’ enough for me though.
– Prince Performs “Purple Rain” During Downpour at Super Bowl XLI Halftime Show and simply asks: “Can you make it rain harder?”
– The NYT Obituary: Prince, an Artist Who Defied Genre, Is Dead at 57
– #FeelTheKern! Oh, Graphic designer jokes!
– Let your kitchen herbs thrive with this self-watering garden jar.
– On raising kids who are more than “hoop jumpers”: A teenage TED speaker’s mom on how she encourages her sons to innovate (via)
– Jennifer Aaker helps us understanding happiness: The Happiness Narrative.
– I have a thing for Tapirs. This stuffed one is seriously cute.
– My obsession with Monstera leaves continues. Here comes the Monstera leaf pin.
– This travel pillow and mask makes sense.
– Grabr is a fascinating concept: Get anything from anywhere in the world delivered to you by a trusted Traveler going your way.
– This made me laugh: Louis CK on divorce. “Divorce is forever! It really actually is!”
– Excellent read on Self-Esteem.
– 8 Product Designers share what’s most challenging about what they do.
– House proud: Cornelia Parker places a 1920s-inspired house on The Met’s rooftop
– Moving documentary by Brooklyn-based filmmaker Floyd Russ follows women in Shanghai deemed “Sheng-Nu” or “Leftover Women” simply because they don’t conform to social pressure to marry by the age of 25.
– Trying to think of a gift for your next dinner invite or stay at someone’s house? Scented perennial Tattly are the new bouquet of flowers.
– Cool job Alert: HoeflerCo is looking to hire a Graphic Designer in NYC