Japanese architect Kengo Kuma designed The Exchange, a multipurpose structure located at Darling Square in Sydney, and housing a library, food hall, restaurants and a day-care facility. Holy giant Swiss cow, this is breathtaking!
Learn how to create visually stunning websites, apps, and digital products to entice users. The Web Design and Development Certificate offered by Parsons at Open Campus offers creatives a chance to acquire expertise in Web development while drawing upon the vast resources of a top-ranked art and design school. In this five-course online program, you will:
– Start with two introductory courses, then choose between the Web Design track and the Web Development track
– Learn how to hand-code, build, and launch a responsive personal website
– Gain familiarity with and apply the latest mobile design guidelines and best practices for iOS and Android
– Develop your understanding of typography and color to produce greater visual impact
– Position yourself for new job opportunities by adding coding skills to your résumé
“Much of what ruins the present is sheer anxiety. The present always contains an enormous number of possibilities, some hugely gruesome, which we are constantly aware of in the background. Anything could theoretically happen, an earthquake, an aneurysm, a rejection – which gives rise to the non-specific anxiety that trails most of us around all the time; the simple dread at the unknownness of what is to come.”
“Do not ask your children
to strive for extraordinary lives.
Such striving may seem admirable,
but it is the way of foolishness.
Help them instead to find the wonder
and the marvel of an ordinary life.
Show them the joy of tasting
tomatoes, apples and pears.
Show them how to cry
when pets and people die.
Show them the infinite pleasure
in the touch of a hand.
And make the ordinary come alive for them.
The extraordinary will take care of itself.”
― William Martin
– Did you know you could turn your AirPods into a makeshift hearing aid? If you have ever had difficulty hearing someone during a conversation, AirPods can be your on-demand hearing aid. Apple introduced a feature, starting with iOS 12, called Live Listen. Once set up, you can place your iPhone closer to the person you want to hear, and the AirPods will produce clearer audio for you. To set up this feature, go into your iPhone Settings and click Control Center.