1. The art of speaking is roughly 51% entertainment, 49% meaty content.
2. Ask yourself: When attendees return to work and speak about you and your presentation, what do you hope they will say?
3. To borrow a line from the An Event Apart Speaker’s Guide, always err on the side of being more advanced.
4. My personal rule of thumb when using slides: Roughly 1-2 slides per minute of speaking.
5. Test legibility by sitting six feet back from your laptop display.
6. Select a typeface appropriate for on-screen presentation.
Read full post: 20 tips for better conference speaking, by Cameron Moll