(via the kids should see this)
– Patakk: Most artsy animated gif collection I have seen to date.
– You’re connected to everyone else on the web via 19 clicks or less.
– The Benefits of Optimism are real, by Emily Esfahani Smith
– Smart: Virb teamed up with Etsy to help you create beautiful websites with a fully integrated shop.
– A short interview with yours truly over on Johnson Banks.
– An experiment by web designer Marko Dugonjić has taken the concept of responsive typography to a new level: using face detection, Dugonjić calculates the proximity a user is from his or her screen, and then adjusts font size accordingly. (via)
– The Future of Customer Service: These Companies Are Getting it Right
– Moving NYTimes Article: 40 Years After an Acid Attack, a Life Well
– How to win a climate change argument, in one chart.
– What the smartest people do on the weekend is is what everyone else will do during the week in ten years. Interesting read by Chris Dixon.
– Twitter is hiring Designers. One of their perks: 24/7 Bacon. Oh my!!!
– Mid-Century Modern recipes. Consider me intrigued.
– Love this minimal, ready to assemble stool by James McBennett.
– Panic Button Pacifier. Made me laugh.
– Useful: 50 All-Time Favorite New Uses for Old Things (ugh so much advertising. and boo to slideshows)_
– Very impressive fire fighter drill.
– Paris in Motion, Timelapse and Stopmotion Photography
– All kinds of nerdy and charming video about how meeting people is complicated: Closer.
– This Baby Beryl just won my heart. And I am not even a kid.