How to dance properly to Daft Punk’s Get Lucky.
– I can’t praise Jocelyn Glei and her team enough for their fantastic book Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind!
– Steve Kroeter of Designers & Books writes about 10 Notable Design Books of 2013
– Jim Hopkinson couldn’t find a lot of real-world blog posts about healthcare for freelancers, so he wrote one.
– “It is not the critic who counts…”
– Listen to my studiomate Jason Santa Maria over on Happy Monday.
– Two Classic Sangrias from Smitten Kitchen.
– How large technology companies defend the rights of their users. Notice how Verizon has zero stars on that chart? (via)
– 38 Wonderful Foreign Words We Could Use in English.
– Fire Escape Wall Shelf. Very NYC.
– Marco Mahler and Henry Segerman sell 3D printed mobiles.
– Pretty IKEA Hack: add leather handles to IKEA Besta.
– The ABC of Contemporary Creatives. (via)
– Fast Company announced their annual “100 Most Creative People” list.
– Always loving to go back to Rules for my Unborn Son.
– A Michigan baby’s life was saved by the insertion of a 3-D printed trachea at two months old.
– XO Group in NYC is hiring a Junior Graphic Designer. (they have stunning offices, we had a CreativeMornings there once!)
– The secret speakeasy inside a NYC water tower.
– 130 Years Of Brooklyn Bridge Photos. Wow.
– Grace of Design Sponge featured me in her Biz Ladies Profile column. Thank you, Grace!
– Stewardesses and reverberated are the two longest words (12 letters each) that can be typed using only the left hand. The longest word that can be typed using only the right hand is lollipop. Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands. (one letter at a time) I heart useless knowledge.
Just a friendly note, your link for “38 Wonderful Foreign Words We Could Use in English” is missing an “h” at the beginning. Thanks for these great link packs. They’re just another reason to always look forward to Fridays.
May 24th, 2013 / 11:20 am
(belated) thanks for linking to us Tina!
love your blog & creative mornings & tattly :)
nat & tip
Jun 10th, 2013 / 5:23 am