Radiolab, one of my favorite podcasts.
– Hot Dog Legs. Made me laugh.
– Geometry Daily, the amazing blog now offers t-shirts.
– Astronaut Bedding. It doesn’t get better than this.
– Bike to Office Bag. Great gift for a biking dude.
– Wait, what? That clutch is a Bluetooth speaker? Yeah, ladies!
– Vintage guide to the Internet. Wow.
– On Bloomberg the other day there was a fascinating article pointing out that, not only was the idea of moving people via pneumatic tubes previously conceived of in the 19th century, one guy in New York actually built a working prototype of such a system in 1867 that moved thousands of people between Murray and Warren streets downtown, during the Boss Tweed era! Read the article.
– The guys at the Dust Panda booth at the NYNOW show made me chuckle. Adorable.
– Knitted Helvetica “Hi” Baby Blanket.
– When was the last time you did something powerfully meaningless?
– Couldn’t help but chuckle seeing this: Virtually Hike Through the Swiss Alps While Exercising With This App (thanks Joanna)
– My friend Blake of Matchstic in Atlanta is looking to hire an Art Director. Good people!
– Mens Pants embroidered with Hot Dogs and Burgers. No Joke.
– Waffles on skewers. Yes!
– Brooklyn Pizza Plates. Yay!
thanks for the link love! and yes, waffles on skewers – how awesome!
Aug 30th, 2013 / 10:10 am
Thanks so much for including my Helvetica “Hi” blanket!! Wow.
Aug 30th, 2013 / 11:00 am
Appreciate the link to my piece on the power of meaninglessness! You’ve brought a lot of yay! to my day :)
Aug 30th, 2013 / 2:22 pm
RE: Steinway – have you seen this doc:
Amazing. Available on Netflix streaming. Don’t miss it.
Aug 30th, 2013 / 4:13 pm
Thank you, Tina, for sharing Jad and Robert *in person* with me. I am a HUGE Radiolab fan, but believe it or not, I have never seen a picture of either of them. I think I was subconsciously trying *not* to change my “picture” of them in my head. Loved, loved the little documentary!
Sep 4th, 2013 / 11:02 am
Thanx Tina, great package, as always.
the best for me this time: Radiolab!
What a find!!!
Sep 5th, 2013 / 9:47 am
Yes! Finally someone writes about steinway pianos.
Sep 7th, 2013 / 10:48 am