– How to teach meditation to kids. Also, check out Gabrielle’s Bernstein Beginners Guide to Meditation.
– This sleeping bear butter dish made me smile.
– Old-school NYC Subway poster. I’d hang it.
– Audrey Hepburn wearing Valentino on the set of Charade.
– Newest A Book Apart book is by Mike Monteiro titled You’re My Favorite Client.
– This infographic on our world’s population and its city density difference is fascinating. (via BB)
– A Golden Age of Design, by Rob Walker
– Wow! You can take a Guy Kawasaki Skillshare class. Impressive.
– The Monocle Guide to Good Business
– One of Many Photo Essays make me happy. Latest installment: Denver Edition.
– I want pretty much everything in this store. Also, hand-made in Brooklyn FTW!
– I agree with Joanna: Lena Dunham gives great advice.
– Discovered Quip today, thanks to this tweet. Wow, Quip might be just the productivity app I didn’t know I was missing.
– The Modern Craftsman’s Guide: Work with Dignity, by Sam Spurlin
– “Hurrying and delaying are alike ways of trying to resist the present.” The Art of Timing: Alan Watts on the Perils of Hurrying and the Pleasures of Presence
– A few months ago I gave a talk at 99u. I worked hard for it.
– From the author of the bestselling children’s book Go the Fuck to Sleep comes a sequel of sorts: You Have to Fucking Eat.
– Team Tattly is hiring a Head of Wholesale.
hi tina, i’ve been a silent follower of your blog, but after watching your 99u talk, i just wanted to say thank you for your honest and inspiring words. your superpower is evident even in these weekly link packs. it makes my friday mornings so much more entertaining and informative! wishing you even more success (by your definition)!
Sep 26th, 2014 / 12:34 pm
I love love the urban tricycle! Wonderful find! Where I live in Florida they have every kind of bike but not this one!
Sep 26th, 2014 / 4:35 pm
Love the beginner’s guide to meditation and i love your blog and i love you!
Sep 26th, 2014 / 11:15 pm
Just a regular ol’ lurker on your blog. I visit it nearly every day because most everything I find here delights me in one way or another!
I wanted to let you know I’m getting a 404 page not found error for the lamp shade hyperlink. It appears your linked URL is “http://martin. zampach. com/2014/08/rib%C2%BF01-lamp-shades/” while the URL on his website is “http://martin. zampach. com/2014/08/rib01-lamp-shades/” I added spaces to the URL in case the parser wouldn’t allow it. I’m using Chrome on a Mac, if that makes any difference.
Sep 28th, 2014 / 11:43 am
Your 99u talk was amazing, I’ve watched it three times since yesterday.Circumstances out of our control have have shaped our lives and business and now Im taking charge over what I can control and that is what inspired me about your talk. My daughter gets more of me and now Im just going to see what my superpower has become and make it my mission to use it!
Sep 29th, 2014 / 7:11 pm
Your 99u talk was such an inspiration – I love your positive spirit and ability to make a change. Also, thanks for your weekly links, it is great to discover so many e-treasures.
Oct 4th, 2014 / 12:33 am
}}} Audrey Hepburn wearing Valentino on the set of Charade.
Sorry, that’s butt-ugly. It looks like something a villain from the 60s Batman TV show would wear. “Harlequin”, or something of the sort. Maybe “Court Jester”.
Oct 7th, 2014 / 11:36 am