ALIVE INSIDE follows social worker Dan Cohen as he fights against a broken healthcare system to demonstrate music’s ability to combat both memory loss and alzheimer’s and restore a deep sense of self to those suffering from it. A joyous exploration of music’s capacity to reawaken our souls.
– So glad that my friend Maria pointed me to Tara Brach’s guided meditations a few years back. Pretty much listening to Tara’s soothing voice daily.
– I would totally be ok with this Le Corbusier Tapestry in my home.
– This is winning the internet: “Florida woman is fighting to keep her motorcycle-riding alligator”
– Oh, please no: Flying Drone Billboards!
– This Googler Explains How To Design Your Time Rather Than Manage It
– Vintage Acorn Botanical Print. Lovley.
– Kitchen Towel Display Ladder. Minimal and beautiful.
– This site documents the beautiful and strange glitch art that happens at times when a computers are having a moment. Next time it happens to you, take a screenshot and submit yours! (I wish they wouldn’t repeat the Thanks Adobe overlay on every screenshot)
– My son would approve: Pizza Night Light.
– Clay Shirky on how social media is reshaping politics in an “article” composed, of course, entirely of tweets (via)
– Glitter beard kit? The end is near.
– The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, Tom Wheeler, is proposing the first ever effort to let internet users choose how much information an Internet Service Provider is allowed to collect, and how that information is used.
– Sophie Gamand takes photos of pit bull shelter dogs wearing flower crowns to help us see this breed in a more gentle light.
– This public lemon squeezer made me laugh.
– Woah: On April 10th, 2015, 17,857 people protested in front of the Spanish Parliament in the only way the Gag Law allowed them to, as holograms.
– I need to get one of these for my son’s LEGO.
– Golden Ratio Cookie Cutter. Goes well with the Golden Ratio Tattly.
– Anton and I are psyched it’s the weekend!
– Come work with me, Tattly is hiring a Sales Manager.
It should be public lemon squeezer, not PUBIC
Mar 18th, 2016 / 8:19 am
FYI: It’s “public,” not “pubic.” Leaving it as-is will likely generate more clicks though:) Also, the lego mat is the best $30 my family has ever spent.
Mar 18th, 2016 / 8:45 am
Tanya, Steve, what an embarrassing typo. Gulp. Thanks for pointing it out.
Mar 18th, 2016 / 11:54 am
For the legos – go with these bags – available in the US. This business was started by a mom, and her product is very well made:
Mar 18th, 2016 / 5:15 pm
Great Link Pack! Shared several. Thank you!
Mar 19th, 2016 / 11:56 am
Thanks for sharing Alive Inside! This film really moved us all! Hope everyone will consider inviting some friends over for an at home screening and discussion.
Mar 21st, 2016 / 9:07 am