– A playlist of Leonard Cohen’s songs to help you make sense of the world. The Canadian poet, singer, songwriter, and author passed away yesterday at the age of 82.
– It’s very strange how often strong feelings don’t seem to carry any message of action.
– Safety pins as a symbol of solidarity against racism
– “The way a person does one thing is the way they do everything”.
– Love the self-love exercise this mom did with her beautiful daughter..
– I appreciate Chris Anderson’s personal pledge.
– This woman!
– How would you envision the world in which creativity is king? Shutterstock and CreativeMornings are asking you to share your vision, starting with #InACreativeWorld….
– Love this personal and thoughtful post by my friend Fabian about 3 things he’s learned in the last 8 years about making the most of living in the NYC
– These pessimistic greeting cards made me chuckle.
– Facebook, for all its wonders has also become a single point of failure for civic information.
– Flying cats.
– Densters take blanket fort building to the next level. Fun!
– Garden House.
– This is a handkerchief after my own heart.
– A $21k first class airplane experience documented by Casey Neistat.
– A person in front of me in line, waiting at the airport this weekend, had one of these Jurni suitcases. You can sit on them. Smart.
– Gmail and Google Calendar get a whole lot better on iOS
– Leonardo DiCaprio and National Geographic teamed up to make a documentary about climate change called Before the Flood, available in its entirety on YouTube for a limited time.
– Protesting in the US? Know your rights.
– The Spontaneous Pop Up Display made me look.
– The black and white Puma Eskiva is my favorite sneaker. But OMG what is this over-the-knee-Eskiva thing?
– Don’t feel much like Yay this week but I we can get there again with a lot of hard work. YAY pin!
– In case you need some inspirational reminders, Tattly got you covered. I am especially feeling the Warrior not Worrier these days. And, love yourself.
I always look forward to the Friday link packs, it’s a ritual every morning when I get into work. This Friday however, I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t anything in regards to Veterans, after all—it is Veterans Day… Show some love for those that make this country what it is today!
-A true swiss miss admirer
Nov 11th, 2016 / 10:43 am
Oh, the self-love link brought tears to my eyes. That young woman knows she is LOVED by her mama, and I love her, too!!
Nov 11th, 2016 / 1:08 pm
Hmmm…wouldn’t a safety pin and/or a paperclip make a great idea for a tattoo?
How I treasure your blog, Tina!
Nov 11th, 2016 / 2:51 pm
I’m definitely going to start wearing a safety pin now.
Nov 12th, 2016 / 7:39 am
Great set of links, as always. btw, Facebook had it coming :)
Nov 15th, 2016 / 12:31 pm