(Anyone know who created this?)
– Download 200+ Free Modern Art Books from the Guggenheim Museum
– Shining a light on the positive impact immigrants have on the world: thebrightside.co
– Seth Godin is going to teach you how to tell stories that resonate with his brand new online seminar.
– The wonderful Olimpia Zagnoli launched a Skillshare class.
– An alarm rug that forces you to get up. Brilliant and annoying.
– The ‘Shazam For Plants‘ Will Identify Any Plant From A Picture (via)
– The self-healing letter of complaint
– Dieter Rams’ classic design principles updated for the tech industry
– Check who has access to your Google account (via)
– Nomadic gardener rents people’s yards to grow produce
– Here’s your chance to explore Sicily with one of my favorite humans, Linda Sarris, aka The Cheeky Chef. A week of Italian culture and culinary delights. YES!
– The delicate art of “managing up”. (via)
– Page Weight lets you see how images affect your page speed.
– Helen Dealtry makes beautiful scarves.
– Forget about brainstorming, try brainwriting.
– This wall rack is beautiful and practical. The two conditions that have to be met to enter my home.
– A person is a person through other persons. “We know from everyday experience that a person is partly forged in the crucible of community. Relationships inform self-understanding. Who I am depends on many ‘others’: my family, my friends, my culture, my work colleagues.” (via one of my favorite newsletters)
– Jamila Woods – “Holy”
– Beautifully designed weight training equipment? Wow!
– I want to give this Make-Ahead “Ham & Cheese” Breakfast Casserole a try!
– “No parent should ever have to decide if they can afford to save their child’s life. It just shouldn’t happen.” Jimmy Kimmel
– Love what Jason Fried is doing over at Basecamp with their new referral program: You save $50 on your first month if you sign up with this link and the best part: They are going to be donating $50 per signup to the Chicago Food Depository.
– Did you know CreativeMornings is now happening in 170 cities? Here are all of the upcoming events this month.
– I feel great. I feel great. I feel great.
The little creation in yellow looks very much like Dallas Clayton.
May 5th, 2017 / 8:17 am
Looks like Dallas Clayton to me too. If you like his work, check out Brian Andreas! I love the whimsy.
May 5th, 2017 / 10:06 am
Looks very similar to Adam J Kurtz illustration writings! https://www.instagram.com/adamjk/
May 5th, 2017 / 2:49 pm
Yep, looks like Dallas Clayton to me too. See this for reference: http://christiegee.com/my-little-gallery-of-my-most-favorite-artist-guaranteed-to-make-you-smile/
May 5th, 2017 / 4:46 pm
Have you tried Ruggie? I supported Ruggie on Kickstarter. Good idea but poorly executed. Sound is patchy with a lot of buzzing noise. You don’t wake up to a “soothing sound” at all. Hopefully they’ve improved the next batch.
May 6th, 2017 / 1:18 am
Re: The self-healing letter of complaint…
I had to giggle after reading Godin’s post because this is my wife to a “T” – in fact, she earned the nickname “Velvet Hammer” for her ability to charm folks into submission.
Sweet persuasion pretty much got her through a 34 year career in the Aerospace Industry.
May 6th, 2017 / 3:28 pm
May 7th, 2017 / 11:32 am
Yes! Definitely Dallas Clayton ❤️
May 7th, 2017 / 11:02 pm
The plant identification app made me automatically think of Treezam from Master of None.
May 8th, 2017 / 1:40 pm