This gives new meaning to “skating on thin ice.” In Sweden, a filmmaker named Henrik Trygg likes to take his chances skating on pristine sheets of black ice, measuring only five centimeters/two inches thick. TERRIFYING!
– The Obama portraits for the Smithsonian make my heart pitter patter.
– This is terrifying: Chinese police are wearing sunglasses that can recognize faces
– Vintage Educational Video: What to do on a date
– These socks make me so happy. Have to post them again.
– Put some confidence inducing flair on you.
– I love how The Sill breaks down the plants by category: For Beginners, Pet Friendly, For Small Spaces… –> Click on “Shop Plants”.
– On the power of slow consumption (via)
– Poetic: A Double Ring That Breaks in Half for You and Your Love by Frederik Roijé
– Everyday Rainbow Wear (via Manu, via Mule Design)
– Does your sandwich have a bag? It should.
– If my kids were still little I would get this Cloud Nine Area Rug with the built-in pillow. Or should I just get it for myself?
– Here’s your chance to float on a big giant smile.
– There are some gems in here: 25 icebreaker questions
– Debbie Millman has once again proven that she is SUPER PRO at interviewing humans. This one with TED founder Richard Saul Wurman is intense.
– I like this Free as a Bird pennant.
– I enjoyed this interview with Jason Kottke, one of the longest standing bloggers I know.
– I have been able to work through some really rough patches in my life (work and personal) thanks to the help of my coach Heath. Can’t recommend him enough.
– This Orangutan by Oliver Jeffers makes me laugh.
– A big thank you to the fine folks at Frere-Jones Type for sponsoring my blog this week. They just introduced a new typeface called Conductor, inspired by a range of historical references. See more of Conductor (with live testing!) and read Helen Rosner’s detailed backstory.
Thanks for linking the Debbie Millman interview. She deserves all the awards for doing it, and I deserve a glass of wine after listening. Whew! “Abrasively charming” is an understatement…
Feb 16th, 2018 / 1:45 pm
More information about the skating movie and an interview here:
Feb 16th, 2018 / 4:27 pm
Thanks for sharing the Debbie Millman podcast.
Having been in long-term Psychotherapy and Group therapy when I was younger made this probably less uncomfortable for me than for many – but hats off to Debbie for keeping her cool, eloquently standing her ground and expertly managing Richard’s often contradictory self-loathing rambles.
I learned a lot from this. Thanks again.
Feb 17th, 2018 / 5:31 am
Float on a giant smile and then float on a giant mustache http://coolthingstobuy247.com/giant-mustache-inflatable-pool-float/
Feb 18th, 2018 / 3:15 am