This is STUUUUUNNNNING! ‘Ama’ is a short film performed and directed by deep sea diver and filmmaker Julie Gautier.
– Ask a New Yorker on Gothamist is back. (via)
– This story! For six decades, ‘the man with the golden arm’ donated blood — and saved 2.4 million babies
– Remember when frontend was fun? (via)
– “People will chose things that don’t make them feel bad over time.”
– When I build my dream house, I want to make sure it has exterior built-in window seats.
– It’s bike season. Here are some of the best bike locks.
– macOS pro-tip: toggle do not disturb by holding option and clicking on the notification center icon.
– This is mesmerizing.
– Yum: Fennel Asparagus Salad
– I really like this note to self.
– More of this: Getty is trying to bring disability inclusion to stock photos
– The New York Public Library Lets You Download 180,000 Images in High Resolution: Historic Photographs, Maps, Letters & More
– How to use macOS Preview to merge multiple PDFs
– A cheese pin. Why not?
– This made me laugh: Flopstarter, a platform for bad ideas.
– The Save Family Photos Instagram account is on a mission to save and share family stories, one photo at a time. Makes me want to take more pictures. (via Cup of Jo)
– This charming short film (part documentary, part cartoon) explains how to use a dial telephone, in 1927.
– Maira Kalman is a delight of a human. Really enjoyed this profile her. Also, I recommend you watch her CreativeMornings talk.
– M. C. Escher (1898-1972). Prints and Drawings. The Boston Public Library collection is now digitized. (via Coudal)
– School of Visual Arts Presents 99 Hours of Free Photography Lectures
– Are you looking for a job in a creative company? Check out the CreativeGuild job board.
– A big thank you to Parsons at Open Campus for sponsoring my blog this week.
Oh, that film…left me with chills! Beautiful!
May 22nd, 2018 / 11:10 pm