GIF by Thoka Maer
– This article was by far the favorite thing I read all week, heck, all of 2019 so far.
– Need a high-res screenshot of a website for print?
– What is even happening here? My brain hurts!
– Gratitude by Oliver Sacks is a very short but moving read. A celebration of how to embrace life. (He makes being 80 sound exciting.)
– Helvetica got an overhaul to work in the digital age.
– “… instead of pretending like we are all ducks gliding effortlessly on the surface of the water, we should own up to the furious paddling that is happening beneath.” Managing yourself: How to calibrate your own strength and weaknesses (via Manu)
– “Community is a feeling that you’re part of something that uplifts you and allows you to see eye-to-eye with different people from different backgrounds. A community holds you to a higher standard; it encourages you to focus on possibility, not fear.”
4 Lessons I’ve Learned While Serving the CreativeMornings Community, beautiful piece by Paul Jun.
– This cartoon made me laugh.
– “Let’s try to invest in the people that pick us up when we’re down, that remind us of who we are. People who know that we are not our brands. People that remind us that we matter exactly as we are.” This talk by Grace Bonney is remarkable. In it she unpacks the noteworthy lessons she’s learned along the way and what truly matters even in this digital age.
– After many years, Linotype, the film, is finally available digitally worldwide.
– Tattly’s collection of temporary tattoos by REAL tattoo artists makes me so happy. If you’re like me, too chicken to get a real tattoo, this is your chance to get a taste of what a tattoo would feel like. This newest design, by German based Lara Maju had multiple people asking me if I got inked. Definitely a conversation starter.