GIF by Thoka Maer
– This article was by far the favorite thing I read all week, heck, all of 2019 so far.
– Need a high-res screenshot of a website for print?
– The Importance of Maslow’s Pyramid of Needs
– Simply Framed looks like a great service to get your artwork/photos printed and framed. (Found them via the CreativeGuild)
– “Like any other relationship, if someone loves and cares about your work, you don’t need to bribe them to stick around.” The perks of patronage (via)
– How To Market Yourself Without Marketing Yourself
– What is even happening here? My brain hurts!
– “what’s the most surreal encounter you’ve had with someone famous?” This thread! (Thanks Manu)
– Gratitude by Oliver Sacks is a very short but moving read. A celebration of how to embrace life. (He makes being 80 sound exciting.)
– How to use Chrome more effectively (thanks Ruth)
– I love this: Woman makes tiny homes for her wild bird friends (thanks Steffi)
– Helvetica got an overhaul to work in the digital age.
– “… instead of pretending like we are all ducks gliding effortlessly on the surface of the water, we should own up to the furious paddling that is happening beneath.” Managing yourself: How to calibrate your own strength and weaknesses (via Manu)
– “Community is a feeling that you’re part of something that uplifts you and allows you to see eye-to-eye with different people from different backgrounds. A community holds you to a higher standard; it encourages you to focus on possibility, not fear.”
4 Lessons I’ve Learned While Serving the CreativeMornings Community, beautiful piece by Paul Jun.
– This cartoon made me laugh.
– “Let’s try to invest in the people that pick us up when we’re down, that remind us of who we are. People who know that we are not our brands. People that remind us that we matter exactly as we are.” This talk by Grace Bonney is remarkable. In it she unpacks the noteworthy lessons she’s learned along the way and what truly matters even in this digital age.
– After many years, Linotype, the film, is finally available digitally worldwide.
– CSS code-golfing, for all you geeks out there. (via)
– Tattly’s collection of temporary tattoos by REAL tattoo artists makes me so happy. If you’re like me, too chicken to get a real tattoo, this is your chance to get a taste of what a tattoo would feel like. This newest design, by German based Lara Maju had multiple people asking me if I got inked. Definitely a conversation starter.
– Did you know CreativeMornings created a digital rolodex for companies and individuals to connect outside of the monthly events? And also built a job board that currently features over 2k jobs?
Oliver Sacks is one of my heroes. He wrote with so much curiosity and respect about his patients. A life well lived <3
Apr 14th, 2019 / 9:23 am
I so look forward to your Friday Link Packs! Your blog is one of my top favorites to visit. Thanks for all you do!
Apr 14th, 2019 / 3:46 pm
Your blog is my most favorite by far. Thank you for pulling together all these fun and interesting links. I keep sending my friends links you share and we discus about them often. I feel like I am rethinking many of my values and reflect on myself and how I and the people around me behave much more because of your blog. Also your love for community and a good human experience is just lovely to read about. So thank you for giving more value to my day. And thank you for the time you put into this blog:)
Apr 15th, 2019 / 3:58 pm
I adore your blog. I check it every day. Thank you for keeping the creativity (and gratitude!) flowing.
Apr 15th, 2019 / 4:05 pm
Thank you for all of your kind comments. Feeling the love. You just poured rocketful in my blogging jetpack. <3
Apr 15th, 2019 / 5:37 pm
Hello Tina ,
I ve been following your blog for more than 5 years now on an almost daily basis . I ve watched and recommended all your talks . I find the elements of fun , the touches of humanity and spirituality that you mentioned in both your personal and work life very inspiring . Having recently changed careers and started pursuing an art foundation , your blog has been a source of inspiration on this journey of self discovery for me .
Here’s wishing you , your family and team more and more power !
Apr 17th, 2019 / 11:44 am