“Get your tongues ready, get your suits out and pressed, and those buttons lowered. The era, the decade, of gathering, is upon us.” Well worth a listen!
– Why Having Friends of Different Ages Matters — And How It Can Impact an Ageist Society
– This inverted cactus is incredible!
– This bird feeder made me laugh.
– What a treasure trove: A list of 100+ handpicked personal websites
– I am so happy Poler brought the Napsack back. Best gift I ever gave my kids. (In case you are not familiar: It’s a wearable sleeping bag!)
– Stop Trying to Raise Successful Kids: “Psychologists call this the helper’s high. Economists refer to it as the warm glow of giving. Neuroscientists find that generosity activates reward centers in our brains. And evolutionary biologists observe that we’re wired to help others. A tribe of people who “were always ready to aid one another,” Darwin wrote, “would be victorious over most other tribes; and this would be natural selection.”
– This made me laugh.
– Yes, it’s incredibly expensive BUT it’s design-y and stylish. Wouldn’t mind to have one of these handcrafted wooden cornholes in my backyard.
– A big thank you to Continuing and Professional Education at Parsons for sponsoring my blog this week.