Bowie is a fascinating human. Thank you Steve for the recommending I let this movie-documentary-or-whatever-one-should-call-it wash over me.
– CreativeMornings/NYC is starting out the new year with a bang: Maria Popova, force behind The Marginalian, formerly Brain Pickings is speaking on January 13th, at 8:30am ET, at the beautiful Ethical Society on the Upper West Side. Sign up for in person or the Livestream It’s free!
– “Love is a breeze. The work we are doing is that we are opening our sails.”
– “When you love someone, the best thing you can offer that person is your presence.” The Four Buddhist Mantras for Turning Fear into Love
– How to be a writer on a marketing team without sounding like a jerk (via Chris)
– Cool! Hotamet is a super stylish and environmentally friendly helmet made out of leftover Scallop shells.
– “1. Most problems get smaller with a good night’s sleep.” Thank you David and Claire.
– ooh.directory: “A collection of 951 blogs about every topic.” Found this via Kai’s Dense Discovery newsletter. I am right there with him, I’m here for the renaissance of personal blogging!
– My friend Marcus recommended I watch Toni Erdmann. What an incredibly unusual and surprising movie. (Can’t remember the last time I watched a movie in German.)
– “What we’re seeing is the transition of power from institutions to individuals, but it’s going to be messy and it’s going to take at least a generation.” Don’t Rely on Credibility Stamps
– The Making of Modern Ukraine: A Free Online Course from Yale University, Featuring 23 Lectures
– I gifted my kids one of these Birds Aren’t Real Hoodies, it was a big hit!
– How were the first fonts made? Who invented italics? When did we figure out how to print in color? Typographic Firsts!
– Made me look and smile: Hands-Free Bicycle
– I Might Meet a Dog Today. Made me smile.
– This egg candle made me giggle.
– Design Event Guide for 2023. And then of course, every month, there are free CreativeMornings events happening all over the world. Is your city on the map? If not, start a chapter.
– It’s the end of the year. Time for some reflection and to sport this Unicorn Tattly.
Happy New Year! Thank you for what you do!
Dec 31st, 2022 / 5:47 pm
Turning fear into love? I suddenly feel like watching Donnie Darko.
Jan 4th, 2023 / 8:15 am
Thanks for the shout-out. An honor!
Jan 8th, 2023 / 8:34 am