R.I.P Tina Turner. What a force! Proud to be her namesake. Fun fact, she became Swiss. I became American. A Tina-trade of nations.
– Yahia Lababidi, an Egyptian author I follow and who’s work I admire, has a new book out, titled Quarantine notes, Aphorisms on morality and mortality.
– Last week’s CreativeMornings/NYC talk moved me. Deeply. If you are someone who has a creative practice, or wants to pick one up, this talk is for you.
– A Trove of Video Profiles of Artists
– 4 stress-reducing Google Calendar settings you didn’t know you needed. The “View calendars side-by-side in day view” made me gasp! YES! (via the CreativeMornings newsletter)
– I love plants. I didn’t know humidity trays are a thing.
– Lay Lo makes some pretty design-y dog beds. I like.
– How long do frozen foods (0°F) maintain their quality?
– This vintage espresso maker from 1956 is something else! (via)
– My daughter LOVES bread. She would dig this bread bed.
– Is it really urgent?
– Explore the Extraordinary Eons-Old Details of the Moon’s Surface in an Astounding 1.3-Gigapixel Composite
– My friend Jocelyn is offering a new 8 week course that is all about connecting to your creative life force in a new way — one that empowers you to tune into inspiration, drop into flow, and manifest your creative vision with ease. Jocelyn is a force.
– Summer is here and I am overhearing more and more conversations around people wanting to get a tattoo. Did you know that you can test drive a tattoo by a real tattoo artist, for just a few days? Here you go.
I managed to get a real tattoo by a Tattly artist (Jess Chen), and my 5 year old loves that she can have a temporary version, as if we are twins. Thanks as always for bringing light and insight to this part of the internet, Tina!
May 26th, 2023 / 9:01 pm
“A Tina trade of nations” is hilarious. Both countries did well!
May 31st, 2023 / 8:51 am