Here’s how you make perfect, crispy bacon:
1. Line a pan with the bacon. You can use a glass baking pan, a steel or aluminum baking sheet, or even a cast iron pan.
2. Put the pan into a cold, unheated oven. Use the middle rack.
3. Set the oven to bake at 400°F (204°C).
4. Set the timer for 20 minutes. It may take a bit more or less time, depending on your oven.
5. Remove the pan from the oven. Place the bacon on a plate (or a plate lined with a paper towel if you’re grease averse).
6. Enjoy the best, crispiest, most delicious bacon you’ve ever had.