I have come to love this NOW watch, consistently reminding me to be present. I so very easily jump to a future moment.
We are celebrating 24h of waking up, around the world, with 1h sensory-tuning WalkShops. (Walking workshops) It’s free. It’s fun.
We are kicking off the 24h bonanza at 8:30am NYC Time on Thursday 9/22 as an official virtual NYC chapter event. Join us, from anywhere in the world. (If that time slot doesn’t work for you, you have 15 more to choose from, because you know, 24h!) All you need, is your phone, headphones, shoes and be ready to walk and wander.
Learn more over on the The World Wide Wander! Sign up! 2,000 other kind creative humans already have!
Yesterday I posted ideas on how to meet a romantic partner, outside of soul-sucking dating apps. Here is my post on Instagram. 2,830 likes and 261 comments later it’s clear this hit a nerve. Reposting it here with some resources my readers shared:
Can we talk about dating apps? Yeah, let’s not.
I can’t help but think there has to be a less soul-sucking way to meet someone!?
– what if we all tried to level up as friends and played matchmaker once a month?
– what if the dogpark had an unofficial singles section?
– what if there was a piece of clothing/accessory that indicates someone is single and open to meeting someone?
– what if friend groups pull together and create a database with their most awesome single friends and write a pitch about them?
– what if the first train on any subway train is only for singles?
– what if in giant high-rise buildings certain elevators are reserved for singles
– what if we organized events where everyone who is invited is single but nobody knows they are attending an undercover singles event. (And the group is recommended by friends aka vetted.) @hugc, @lessthanamazing and I organized such an event a few years back. Should I bring it back?)
– what if there was an event where people made presentations on their single friends. “PYF” (Pitch Your Friend)
– coffee shops have differently colored coffee cup lids for singles
– once a month singles dress monochromatically, all red for the day. (Gaaaah sooo fun!)
(Granted some of these ideas could possibly be very awkward. But ideas beget ideas!)
Do you have ideas to add or have you met your partner in an unexpected, fun way? Please share!
In the comments I learned that:
Apparently in Norway when you go hiking in the mountains, green buffs or hats mean you are single, and red mean you are in a relationship. SO GOOD!
In Bavaria, Germany, it all comes down to how you tie your bow on your Dirndl that indicates if you’re married, taken, single or even widowed.
Dating services, events some of my readers shared:
Have an interesting story on how you met your partner? Have additional ideas to add to the above list? Comment below!
The above clip from the 80s shows the human energy field radiating outward from the body. “The aura” has been captured with specialized cameras and film, noting how it changes based on feeling states, physical conditions, the interaction with energy radiation from objects and living things. Fascinating!
Games for Grown ups by School of life looks fun: 40 activities to draw us away from static conversation and cast aside reserve to get in touch with the neglected imaginative aspects of ourselves.
The site Make My Drive Fun is pretty darn cool. Go enter your starting and end point and see the magic unfold.
Last week was unusually ‘full’. I had no brain space to post here. I can’t remember the last time that happened other than after my kids were born.
And then, as I was swinging from one to-do-item-vine to the next, running from lots of Zoom meetings filled with men wearing blue shirts and khaki pants, my giant glass patio door shattered.
It was a startling moment.
It was mesmerizing to hear the glass crackle for a good 10-15minutes before it eventually settled in its broken beauty.
What’s the lesson of this all?
– Check for rocks in your lawn before mowing the lawn, fellow homeowners!
– There is beauty in the breakdown.
– ….. what else?
I didn’t enjoy brushing my dog with a regular dog brush. I started digging around on the internet hoping someone invented something better: HandsOn Animal Gloves. My dog LOVES when I brush her with these! (Yes, they look hideous.)
I totally want a pair of these baggy alphabet pants in my size. Put them on your little ones!
This generously sized carry-all Svea Bag by Stutterheim makes my heart go pitter patter. It’s out of rubberized-cotton material! Want!
This is by far the weirdest website I have come across in a while. Delightfully weird! Click through to see why.