This aesthetic! Gah! Georg stool and desk, please be mine!
1. Can I work around the problem with a repair, modification, or change in use?
2. If I buy this, what else am I not buying?
3. Can I afford this?
4. Will this item help me do things I can’t do now?
5. Will buying this item significantly increase my enjoyment of X?
6. How often will I use this in the next year? In the next five years?
7.Will this item become obsolete in the near term?
8. Is this item repairable?
9,Do I really need ‘the best’? What is a good second choice?
10. Can I buy something used that will do the job?
11. Am I supporting a business I know and like? Do our values align?
You’re funny, Phil.
As a matter of fact, one of the reasons I keep this blog is that it keeps me from buying things. By posting them here, I ‘own them’ a little bit. In a virtual sense.
Phil Ward, who are you ? Show yourself ( in the form of a blog or social media presence ) !! If you can write all this, you have more wisdom to offer to the world.
Interested in sponsoring a week of my RSS Feed? Click here to learn more.
Thank you for subscribing to our daily updates. We promise not to use your e-mail address for any other reason. You can unsubscribe at any time.