This is so peaceful.
“Life, well lived, is long enough.”
This Present and Correct photo from 2014 fuels my love for all things slightly OCD. Or in the words of my daughter, E: “So satisfying!”
It felt powerful and so poignant to me that I marched with Vicki, founder of SheEO, as she is single handedly changing the landscape for women entrepreneurs, but much more than that, creating a global support and mentor eco-system built on radical generosity. I am hopeful for the future my daughter is growing into. A world where women support women and where women will eventually get equal rights and respect. We will get there!
Interested in Vicki’s work? Watch her CreativeMornings talk.
– Be Like Water: The Philosophy and Origin of Bruce Lee’s Famous Metaphor for Resilience/ (Tattly licensed his famous words and turned them into tattoos!)
– A Beginner’s Guide to Backing Up Photos (Thanks Ajay)
– I own one of these Disco Ball Tumblers and it gives me a ridiculous amount of joy.
– A Thermometer broke at -62°C (-80°F) in the world’s coldest village. Totally impressive photos.
– This hero bookend made me chuckle.
– This stop motion made me giggle.
– Love this geometric ring.
– Adam Grant and his wife share tips on how to negotiate your way to a better marriage
– What a treasure trove! 36 Ideas for Finding More Creativity & Meaning in Your Daily Work
– I bought this pretty three minute hourglass and now my kids brush their teeth longer. It works.
– See you at the Women’s March in NYC tomorrow, wearing these.
Ever think you want to attend a conference but you don’t know which one or you always find out after they are sold out or happened? The newly launched ConferCal can help!
“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”
– Oscar Wilde
“To make real change, you have to be well anchored – not only in the belief that it can be done, but also in some pretty real ways about who you are and what you can do.”
– Twyla Tharp
A big thank you to Offscreen Magazine for sponsoring this week’s RSS Feed.
These days it’s easy to be pessimistic or even cynical about the tech world. Too often, we hear about irresponsible leadership, unethical practices, or frivolous business ideas – all with the sole aim of making a quick buck or creating the next ‘unicorn’.
Offscreen Magazine is here to remind you of what’s good about tech.
Published three times per year in print only, Offscreen exists to break through the buzzwords and remind us of technology’s ultimate purpose: to advance humanity. We celebrate innovation through human stories and conversations. We seek to promote a tech community guided by ethical, sustainable, inclusive principles. We ask critical questions about how we shape technology and how technology shapes us.
Take a break from your screen, enjoy a high-quality read, and support independent publishing. Use the code SWISSMISS during checkout for a 10% discount on single issues. (Expires January 31st)
This Be Optimistic Needlepoint Kit looks like a soothing, meditative way to spend ones time….