(Thank you Tim)
Lagusta’s Luscious Vegan Chocolates
Last week I was introduced to Lagusta’s Luscious’ Rosemary Seasalt Camarels and my life will never be the same. How can vegan chocolate be this good? What? Thank you Tim!
The Ultimate Touchstone of Friendship
“The ultimate touchstone of friendship is not improvement, neither of the other nor of the self, the ultimate touchstone is witness, the privilege of having been seen by someone and the equal privilege of being granted the sight of the essence of another, to have walked with them and to have believed in them, and sometimes just to have accompanied them for however brief a span, on a journey impossible to accomplish alone.”
– David Whyte
Practice Any Art
“Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to find out what’s inside you, to make your soul grow.”
– Kurt Vonnegut
This vintage looking cassette player and bluetooth speaker combo by NINM made me gasp. What a beauty!
Carl Sagan describing books.
– Need more bass in your car? These decked out cars made me laugh.
-If you ever find yourself in Fort Greene Brooklyn, make sure to eat at Miss Ada and have the Whipped Ricotta. It’s the most heavenly dish I ever had. And if visiting NYC is not in the cards, you can make it yourself. Here’s the recipe. You’re welcome.
– Crazy Ideas. Love this!
– The next Buddha will be a community, – Thich Nhat Hanh
– The First Safe Chat-GPT for Kids, built by my dear friend Youmna Cham Cham. Try it with your kids.
– Visualization of prepositions
– “Gratitude is not a passive response to something we have been given, gratitude arises from paying attention, from being awake in the presence of everything that lives within and without us.” Full Article
– VW ID Buzz coming in 2024. Wheee! (via)
– Matt Gray runs a ‘personal board meeting‘ every month.
– Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard tells us about how trees communicate underground through a complex web of fungi, and how they coordinate a powerful network that heals and sustains each other and in the end, us. (via)
– It has been my secret dream to be on How I Built This. It happened this week! Still can’t believe it.
– Pride is just around the corner. Get ready.
Yours Truly on How I Built This
Have you ever dreamt of something really big? So big you felt it could only happen in 5-10y? (If at all!) And then, BOOM it’s reality and the universe giggles and whispers “naaah, you’re ready”!
It has been my secret dream to be on How I Built This, to have CreativeMornings one day be recognized for the completely magical, radically generous, collectively powerful, heart-centered organization it is.
The episode came out yesterday. I am swimming in a sauce of gratitude for anyone who has attended, contributed, supported, loved on CreativeMornings. As Thich Nhat Hanh said: “The next Buddha will not take on any individual form. Maybe he will take the form of a Sangha, a community practicing understanding and loving kindness…”
The Song of Significance
Seth Godin launched a new book, titled The Song of Significance: A Manifesto for Teams and the People Who Lead Them. It is a a rousing contemplation on work: why it is the way it is, why it’s gotten so bad, what all of us–especially leaders–can do to make it better. I deeply resonate with this blurb on the book description:
“The choice is simple. We can endure the hangover of industrial capitalism, keep treating people as disposable, and join in the AI-fueled race to the bottom. Or we come together to build a significant organization that enrolls, empowers, and trusts everyone to deliver their best work, no matter where they are.”
Improve The Silence
“Don’t talk unless you can improve the silence.”
– Jorge Luis Borges
Stick of Butter Bookmark
I LOVE butter and am giddy over this butter bookmark.
“Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time.”
– Jorge Luis Borges
R.I.P Tina Turner. What a force! Proud to be her namesake. Fun fact, she became Swiss. I became American. A Tina-trade of nations.
– Yahia Lababidi, an Egyptian author I follow and who’s work I admire, has a new book out, titled Quarantine notes, Aphorisms on morality and mortality.
– Last week’s CreativeMornings/NYC talk moved me. Deeply. If you are someone who has a creative practice, or wants to pick one up, this talk is for you.
– A Trove of Video Profiles of Artists
– 4 stress-reducing Google Calendar settings you didn’t know you needed. The “View calendars side-by-side in day view” made me gasp! YES! (via the CreativeMornings newsletter)
– I love plants. I didn’t know humidity trays are a thing.
– Lay Lo makes some pretty design-y dog beds. I like.
– How long do frozen foods (0°F) maintain their quality?
– This vintage espresso maker from 1956 is something else! (via)
– My daughter LOVES bread. She would dig this bread bed.
– Is it really urgent?
– Explore the Extraordinary Eons-Old Details of the Moon’s Surface in an Astounding 1.3-Gigapixel Composite
– My friend Jocelyn is offering a new 8 week course that is all about connecting to your creative life force in a new way — one that empowers you to tune into inspiration, drop into flow, and manifest your creative vision with ease. Jocelyn is a force.
– Summer is here and I am overhearing more and more conversations around people wanting to get a tattoo. Did you know that you can test drive a tattoo by a real tattoo artist, for just a few days? Here you go.
Composed of over 1000 engravings from the 19th century, Still Life is a meditation on subject/object dualism.
Hopping Through Life on One Leg
“It doesn’t matter how sensitive you are or how damn smart and educated you are, if you’re not both at the same time, if your heart and your brain aren’t connected, aren’t working together harmoniously, well, you’re just hopping through life on one leg. You may think you’re walking, you may think you’re running a damn marathon, but you’re only on a hop trip. The connections gotta be maintained.”
– Tom Robbins
Made me look. Coffee break by Borje Alegre and Javier Jaen.
Love this illustration by Paul Davis.
Surreal Multi-Decker Caravans
These surreal multi-decker caravans by Ulises Design Studio made me smile.
A Smooth Hinge
“There is a door between the logical and intuitive worlds, and we must put a smooth hinge on it, and let it swing…”
– Lorna Crozier
Tenderness Towards Yourself
“Developing tenderness towards yourself allows you to see both your problems and your potential accurately. You don’t feel that you have to ignore your problems or exaggerate your potential.”
– Chögyam Trungpa
– THIS! “Judge me for how good my good ideas are, not how bad my bad ideas are.” – Matt Damon on brainstorming and collaboration
– I keep coming back to Clay Herbert’s talk: The Best Way To Answer “So What Do You Do?” Share your answer on what you do in a comment below? I’d love to hear it!
– My remarkably talented large format color photographer friend Andrew Moore just launched a Domestika course teaching you how to shoot urban scenes. Super cool!
– I dig this tote.
– I want to hear more powerful men like Scott Galloway talk about kindness. Yes please.
– If you rub garlic on your fingers, you can pick up an egg yolk
– What’s your version of “Canoe to Work?”
– Love this house tour, mostly because of the abundance of plants. (Humans who don’t own books or plants are suspicious to me.)
– These photos made me gasp.
– Thank you Chris for introducing me to the concept of Documentary Family Photography. Sign me up!
– Has anyone tried the Take Back Bag? Is this the way to go?
– The Hero’s Journey according to Joseph Campbell. (I didn’t learn about this concept until I moved to the USA.)
_ I am in love with Nik Ramage sculptural machines. Like this lemon stroker, Brick sculpture or Back and forth.
– Want to walk on clouds? Here you go.
– I want to cover myself in these ladybugs.
– Did you know CreativeMornings offers 20+ free, community-led, heart-forward, virtual experiences every month? We call them FieldTrips. Or you can attend our monthly volunteer-led events in 229 cities.