I wish the internet would have been around when I was a kid…
This egg holder makes your soft-boiled egg look like it just landed on your plate, from outer space. Made me smile.
I know what I am making this weekend: Caramelized Apple Tarte Tatin.
The new Nomiku Sous Vide immersion circulator looks fantastic. If you like to be a nerd, even in the kitchen, Nomiku is for you.
“A salad with too many walnuts or a sauce with too many capers is like a Sunday with too many free hours – you stop appreciating the pleasure they provide. I think about that when I cook. Put just enough sweet cubes of carrots in a soup, and you won’t have to search too hard to find one, but when you do, it’ll still give you a little thrill.”
– April Bloomfield
From the new book called The Chef Says: Quotes, Quips and Words of Wisdom by Princeton Architectural Press
Here’s how you make perfect, crispy bacon:
1. Line a pan with the bacon. You can use a glass baking pan, a steel or aluminum baking sheet, or even a cast iron pan.
2. Put the pan into a cold, unheated oven. Use the middle rack.
3. Set the oven to bake at 400°F (204°C).
4. Set the timer for 20 minutes. It may take a bit more or less time, depending on your oven.
5. Remove the pan from the oven. Place the bacon on a plate (or a plate lined with a paper towel if you’re grease averse).
6. Enjoy the best, crispiest, most delicious bacon you’ve ever had.
This bottle looking device by Bin Akebono combines eight (!) kitchen essentials in one clever kit. An ideal gift for anyone living in tight spaces. The set includes a funnel, a lemon juicer, a spice grater, an egg masher, a cheese grater, a lid grip for loosening stubborn jar tops, an egg separator, and a 1 1/4 measuring cup. Seriously cool.
Pour Mason is a pour-over coffee maker attachment made specifically for Mason Jars. Love the old-school look and feel of it. Also, they’re sold out. (womp womp)
The folks at Cuppow just released a smart new product called BNTO. It separates a canning jar into two compartments, making it into a cute lunchbox that can be reconfigured for each kind of meal/snack by using different sizes of wide mouth canning jars. Two swissmiss thumbs up!