Life is never a straight line, that’s for sure. Fine / Not Fine print by Marc Johns.
– “People are the way they are because of wounds they have not tended to. Whatever the reason, we cannot heal another. Only they can.” Read the full article here.
– A few simple tricks to be less on your phone.
– Love the idea of a swing as a night table in this post. But good luck putting beverages on it, as shown in the photo.
– This made me laugh: Productivity hacks to rule kindergarten like a Silicon Valley boss (via)
– Lovely! Dipped hoop earrings.
– Whoa! Check out this experimental bike which features a frame that twists in the middle.
– I like this minimal Wonky Grid Duvet Cover
– 5 Mantras for Dealing with Difficult People and Tense Situations. I really liked the first one: “Don’t push buttons that don’t need to be.”
– Beautiful project by Adobe Resident Aundre Larrow studying how our sense of place impacts us.
– A literal nest egg, to collect change and be smashed when full. (Ouch, the price though)
– I want one: ‘Kniterate‘, a digital desktop knitting machine, will help you make custom clothing from scratch.
– Mailchimp (100% bootstrapped) has an “investor relations” page about their investments in their community
– I love love love the new Tattly Mod Florals Set by Inaluxe.
– “Observation is no substitute for doing.” On being a bad manager, by Jason Fried.
– “There’s a lot of anxiety right now about Gen Z’s amount of screen time. But have you seen what we’re up to?” Letter home from Camp Wolfram
– Here’s a wall hook for the cycling obsessed.
– Start Planning for Fall Now With This Interactive Foliage Map
– The remarkable James Victore is sharing his wisdom
– If you close the Amazon app, get off the couch, and shop at independent shops this holiday season, you could be helping rebuild your local economy.
– A monthly expenses template for digital workers. Digital expenses sum up quickly.
– You can now see Instagram Stories on the web.
– Son secretly makes a video about his mom to help her find a boyfriend
– Practical:Sink Caddy.
– MIT researchers created a workout suit with ventilating flaps that open when you sweat and get hot.
– Instagram takes up 30% of mine: How to see which apps are wasting your iPhone battery
– psst… Tattly is running a Labor Day Sale. Get 30% off on all pairs with code SUMMERVIBES30.
Yes they look ridiculous but I would totally use one of these privacy helmets called Helmfon.
(Anyone know who created this?)
– Download 200+ Free Modern Art Books from the Guggenheim Museum
– Shining a light on the positive impact immigrants have on the world: thebrightside.co
– Seth Godin is going to teach you how to tell stories that resonate with his brand new online seminar.
– The wonderful Olimpia Zagnoli launched a Skillshare class.
– An alarm rug that forces you to get up. Brilliant and annoying.
– Dieter Rams’ classic design principles updated for the tech industry
– Nomadic gardener rents people’s yards to grow produce
– Here’s your chance to explore Sicily with one of my favorite humans, Linda Sarris, aka The Cheeky Chef. A week of Italian culture and culinary delights. YES!
– Page Weight lets you see how images affect your page speed.
– Helen Dealtry makes beautiful scarves.
– This wall rack is beautiful and practical. The two conditions that have to be met to enter my home.
– A person is a person through other persons. “We know from everyday experience that a person is partly forged in the crucible of community. Relationships inform self-understanding. Who I am depends on many ‘others’: my family, my friends, my culture, my work colleagues.” (via one of my favorite newsletters)
– Jamila Woods – “Holy”
– Beautifully designed weight training equipment? Wow!
– I want to give this Make-Ahead “Ham & Cheese” Breakfast Casserole a try!
– “No parent should ever have to decide if they can afford to save their child’s life. It just shouldn’t happen.” Jimmy Kimmel
– Love what Jason Fried is doing over at Basecamp with their new referral program: You save $50 on your first month if you sign up with this link and the best part: They are going to be donating $50 per signup to the Chicago Food Depository.
– I feel great. I feel great. I feel great.
(Phases of the Moon, animated with Virtual Moon Atlas)
– This color fold poster is stunning.
– Put that Lacoste logo in a fish tank with this brooch.
– FUN: Galaxy Rocket Adventure Cape
– This Wristwatch baby rattle made me laugh.
– The Noun Project put together this “Icons for Change” collection of progressive posters.
– I really really want a stump stool.
– One of my favorite Instagram accounts: Aesthetics of Joy. I especially love the idea of the hashtag “joyspotting”. We should all have our radars out for moments of joy.
– If I lived in Austin I would team up with this Laura Victore.
– I want to live here.
– I love chickens. And I like this Chicken Run Print.
– Don’t miss the massive Spring Sale over at Tattly: Get 40% off until end of day Monday EST with discount code 40SPRING.
– My kids would approve of this pencil porcupine.
– Envelope Template. Love love love.
– This German Wall Calendar won my heart.
– Sometimes things that scare you aren’t actually all that scary.
– Season 3 of the CreativeMornings podcast is in full swing.