– “I have a little different definition of evil than most people. When you have the opportunity and the ability to do good and you do nothing, that’s evil. Evil doesn’t always have to be an overt act. It can be merely the absence of good.” Patagonia vs. Donald Trump
– “Reading books can make you happier and reading is for awesome people. Visiting art galleries and museums can make you smarter and trips to see live theatre “enhance tolerance, and empathy”.” How to Balance Your Media Diet
– I was talking with friends how there seems to be a major shift in society away from purely monogamous relationships, to a more, open, fluid way of being together. Someone told me I should watch the documentary called Monogamish.
– “The oxytocin we experience from love or friendship or orgasm is chemically replicated by the molecules derived from the poppy plant. It’s a shortcut — and an instant intensification — of the happiness we might ordinarily experience in a good and fruitful communal life”. The Poison we Pick(via)
– Losing my mind a bit over this Tattly collaboration: The Guerrilla Girls are a group of anonymous artists who wear gorilla masks in public and use facts, humor and outrageous visuals to expose discrimination and corruption in art, film, politics, and pop culture. Now you can wear the Feminist Masked Avenger to support their ongoing mission for gender and racial equality in the art world and beyond.
This gives new meaning to “skating on thin ice.” In Sweden, a filmmaker named Henrik Trygg likes to take his chances skating on pristine sheets of black ice, measuring only five centimeters/two inches thick. TERRIFYING!
Playtime: One of my most cherished, slightly absurd, visually compelling movies I have ever seen. It’s DENSE!
– I remember how powerful this was when I was a kid. I am ready for another version of something like this.
– What is important is not so much how long you live as whether you live a meaningful life. This doesn’t mean accumulating money and fame, but being of service to your fellow human beings. It means helping others if you can, but even if you can’t do that, at least not harming them. – Dalai Lama
Big thanks to Mondaine for sponsoring my blog and RSS feed this week.
Mondaine launches the first wristwatch created using natural castor oil. SBB essence, a collection that combines the brand’s classic minimalist appeal with modern eco-friendly design, also comes with a natural rubber strap and a reusable carrying case made from recycled PET bottles. Perfect to hold a phone or sunglasses.
This Swiss-made watch comes at a very giftable price and is sure to make a statement about your style.
Swiss Miss readers can preorder here before it launches to the public on November 15th.